The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Home Theater projector for under U$700?
Old 6th October 2018
Gear Nut

Home Theater projector for under U$700?

Hey guys,

Any home theater nerds around here?

Well, I'm looking forward to buy a Full HD projector for under U$700.

So far, I've narrowed down my research to the following models:

-Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2150
-Optoma Hd-29 Darbeevision
-Benq Th683

Which one do you think it's better? Any other suggestion?

Thanks!
Old 14th October 2018
Lives for gear

I got a benQ for $399 free shipping on a Newegg promotion and man I mean that was really cheap and I snatched it up.
If you go to AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews and check into the slick deals thread or projector forum of your choice.

Also a learning projector is great to start out with there is some math involved unless you have a dedicated home theater installer.

The slick deals coupon I had sold out while I was checking out so you have to pull it like a gun slinger.

PLUS I had to shop around for a month to earn that $200 coupon that might not be for every one,
And the technology changes and there some lemmons...

BenQ is a ~GREAT~ brand but mind fights with the master HDMI cable ARC audio on my amp, but I found a work around.

We watched starwars and I am a startrek guy but the picture was awesome.
@ 120 inches with 120 inch screen the colors saturate and look so amazing its hard to explain.,
Old 16th October 2018
Here for the gear

Nobody expected a home theater nerd!
For a brighter picture, 3D and such I'd choose Epson. My personal vote is for Optoma, though - since I'm not a fan of 3D, it's not crucial for me. We have a small living room, and ours Optoma HD29 Darbee works almost perfect on a short distance.
And have a look here, seems like there's already a good comparison: Shootout: Epson HC 2150 vs Optoma HD39Darbee

Last edited by Jane_D; 3rd December 2018 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: wrong model mentioned
Old 26th January 2019
Here for the gear

You won't get anything super great for $700.00 and under but you can find something that can be used for fun it will not be as good as a "real" projector. though they can give you an image that's as good as your computer screen or tablet in a dark room.

They won't be good enough for the people around here because most people around here are at the flagship level we're talking thousands of dollars worth of gear. Speakers that cost as much as a used car. For one speaker.

The one I will put at the top of the list IS 1080 I don't have any experience with these but plenty of YouTubers tend to like these few.
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

reviewcart, not true, Today we are installing a $399 unit, granted it had a massive discount.
we have a 100 inch screen.

Amazing but we managed to make it wire free with Ethernet to hdmi with the existing Ethernet system (Disabled IP its a simple loop)

The quality at 120+ inches makes the color blur like film and we get full color saturation.

1080P at 10 foot.
Old 19th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reviewcart View Post
You won't get anything super great for $700.00 and under but you can find something that can be used for fun it will not be as good as a "real" projector. though they can give you an image that's as good as your computer screen or tablet in a dark room.

They won't be good enough for the people around here because most people around here are at the flagship level we're talking thousands of dollars worth of gear. Speakers that cost as much as a used car. For one speaker.

The one I will put at the top of the list IS 1080 I don't have any experience with these but plenty of YouTubers tend to like these few.
Why not! There is a lot of option nowadays. Manufacturers are making cheap home theater. Epson 2150 is a good option, though a lil bit old model. I am using this from January 2018 and am quite satisfied. BenQ HT3050 is another one below $700.

Did I miss anything else?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search