The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Best (vintage) headphones for Vinyl
Old 30th October 2017
Gear Maniac
Best (vintage) headphones for Vinyl

Hi Guys,

I have an Lenco L76 connected to my JVC Stereo REceiver RX 6001RGD with a pair of B&W DM110 speakers and a subwoofer.
Now I also want to listen to the music through a headphone. So I am looking for a good (vintage, second hand) headphone? What is the most - affordable - best I can get atm? Can you guys give me some suggestions on vintage second hand headphones? (How it's compared to new ones?)
Old 30th October 2017
Gear Guru

AKG K240's have been around since the mid-70's, sound nice, and you can still buy them brand new. For less than they cost 15 years ago.
Old 30th October 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
AKG K240's have been around since the mid-70's, sound nice, and you can still buy them brand new. For less than they cost 15 years ago.
I currently have an Sennheiser HD202 and a HD 205. Do you think this will be improvement when I buy the AKG240? I'm really a sound freak wanna have good sound. What is the best headphone you've ever heard that is affordable?
Old 30th October 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saken View Post
I currently have an Sennheiser HD202 and a HD 205. Do you think this will be improvement when I buy the AKG240? I'm really a sound freak wanna have good sound. What is the best headphone you've ever heard that is affordable?
Don't know about your Sennheisers. I run a studio so I'm more concerned with whether they'll fry or break than how they sound. Best of luck.
Old 30th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by saken View Post
The 240 is definitely a step up from those two Sennheisers.

More ideas here.
Old 30th October 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
The 240 is definitely a step up from those two Sennheisers.

More ideas here.
I am aiming for old second hand vintage headphones that sound awesome; which I can find for a cheap price - but have costed alot back then
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search