The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Go pro cameras
Old 21st July 2017
Lives for gear

Go pro cameras

I am looking to get a camera to do some general recording in the studio and also to use in my car for trips my wife and I make. Needs to be able to be mounted on the front windshield area to record forward.

I am looking at the GoPro line and a couple others. The camera needs to have self stabilization for the car and be able to work in a studio that is not always super lite.

Suggestions as to what would be best.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st July 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillCrazy View Post
I am looking to get a camera to do some general recording in the studio and also to use in my car for trips my wife and I make. Needs to be able to be mounted on the front windshield area to record forward.

I am looking at the GoPro line and a couple others. The camera needs to have self stabilization for the car and be able to work in a studio that is not always super lite.

Suggestions as to what would be best.

Thanks in advance.
hi, the GoPro footage i have seen mounted on Bike Handlebars is pretty impressive !!! looks pretty solid shaky wise .. and there are miles of GoPro vids out there ..
Old 21st July 2017
Lives for gear

GoPros are fantastic! Go look at their website footage and you will be stunned. I have a Hero3+ for family videos of the kids in action. They are really good for music production videos too since you can stick them in discrete places. There is an iPhone app for remote control with a snapshot utility. Very handy. The audio sucks on them so be aware of that. Definitely capture external audio if it's for music.
Old 21st July 2017
Lives for gear

gopro

Thanks for the reply. Music would definitely added later to studio captures.
Old 29th September 2017
Here for the gear
Just bought a Chinese 4k go pro copy of akai.fr. wolf 9 euros. Us a wifi app for iOS and Android can view and activate camera. Comes with about 100 euros worth ( if you compare to gopro) of waterproof case and mount accessories. I'm a broadcast camera tech for BBC it sky etc. They all use gopros smothered on a broadcast but for 49 euros you can't beat it. Gone up to 69. Buy it try it and send 8t back if you dont like it.https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B01N5L...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search