The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

It provides a full complement of 16 high-performance 24-bit digital audio channels in ADAT Optical "lightpipe" format. Its breakout cable offers interfacing with S/PDIF digital audio I/O on RCA jacks, as well as ADAT 9-pin sync input. Dakota also features two MIDI inputs and two MIDI outputs, as well as an internal CD-ROM digital audio cable for direct transfers of audio CDs. Plus, Dakota's SMPTE and ADAT sync ensure that all of your studio components can stay locked together. Dakota's audio channels support Frontier Design Group's innovative SoDA (SMPTE on Digital Audio) technology. This unique advantage lets you use any digital audio input or output for SMPTE timecode. Standard audio channels, in either ADAT optical or S/PDIF format, can be defined as SMPTE I/O ports using the Dakota control panel – no additional hardware is required. SMPTE signals are detected, decoded, and delivered digitally to external analog converters. Plus, Dakota's hardware supports SMPTE and MIDI timecode chase-lock, a big benefit over software-based approaches that tax your CPU.

Discussions

ADAT out to Analog out - which box?

...RME's stuff which the RME ADI-4 DD is 700$ (4 channels or 8 via DUAL Smux). Theres the frontier design DAKOTA 24D at 660$. The RME ADI 8 used around 1000$. Apogee PSX Convertors off ebay are another option.. All these add line inputs/D-Sub by the way... I'm assuming this is what you want. For mic...

View Post

Remaking a control surface

...have a ddx3216 mixer. with the ADT1616 16-Channel ADAT Interface brc alesis master controller. 4 blackface adats recording pc running xp/ frontier design dakota card with 2x adat i/o's. at this point the brc master is connected and controls 4 black face adats (32 ch) the ddx3216 adt1616 adat i/o's are connected to 2 of the adat units. 2...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?