The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

CS-1 This Product is No Longer Available. All of the CS-1's main signal path amplifiers are Class A discrete Junction FET (JFET amplifiers). There are no IC opamps, bipolar transistors, or audio transformers used in the CS-1. When used with line level signals or with non-phantom powered microphones, there are no capacitors in the main signal path of the CS-1. When phantom power is required, a high quality capacitor is switched into the signal path to block the phantom power from the CS-1's input stage amplifiers. This DC coupling of non-phantom powered microphones is ideal for use with high quality ribbon microphones.

Discussions

Lucas CS-1, let's talk

...talking for a long time of C12VR mods with terry and Oliver I found out about the idea of the CS-1...a limited edition mic built by three guys I totally respect...at half the price of other boutique mics! I didnt take much convincing...

View Post

'Cheaper' compressors you like as much as expensive compressors. Hardware only.

I love compressor pedals. These should not be underestimated, especially if you need something cheap per channel. The Dynacomp, Boss CS-1 or Milk Box are my faves. They are very colorful and squashy. Some people obsess over Fairchilds for the EMI sound, but sometimes squash pedals can get the sound much closer than high end...

View Post

Reverb and Delay Suggestions

You already have great reverbs. UAD EMT 140 and H-Reverb are my two favorites. you can get a lot of mileage out of H-Reverb by playing with the modulation and saturation settings. I would throw in a recommendation for Primal Tap Delay from Soundtoys - it's awesome - has a real character of it's own...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?