The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RIP Mr. Oliver Archut Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 30th July 2014
Gear Nut

:-(

This is very sad news. Oliver was an important part of our industry in in a technical sense but more importantly as a person who was always willing to answer a question, loved to talk tech and give us his time. Oliver you will be sorely missed. "May the hair upon your head be like candles guiding your soul into heaven…"

Steve La Cerra
Old 30th July 2014
Lives for gear

Wow, I didn't realize he was only 44.. He accomplished quite a bit at a young age. Best wishes for his family.
Old 30th July 2014
Here for the gear

RIP Oliver, My Deepest Condolences To His Family And Friends

I never had a chance to meet him, however, I have always respected Oliver's passion to preserve and enhance the classic German audio circuits.

His integrity to come up with new tools to help us all create better sounding records was always inspiring.

It is up to us to keep his name alive and I hope that his legacy will continue for future generations to come as I believe that he would have liked for his work and for his research to be continued.

He was very young at 44 years of age to have left this earth.

My deepest condolences to all of his family and friends.

Let's always remember him in our work and in our prayers.
Old 24th August 2014
Lives for gear

I only interacted with him a couple of times, but he was one of those people who quietly take a space in the back of your mind tagged as one of the good things in the world, and selfishly, you had the feeling he would be there for you if/when you needed him again, as you surely would.

I can only imagine the sense of loss for those who were close to him - thoughts and prayers...
Old 26th August 2014
Engagement Manager

Prayers and condolences to his family
Old 4th September 2014
Gear Nut

I've been off of my social media for a while and just learned about Oliver Archut's passing. How sad for his family. He was a true genius. I feel privileged to have one of his V72s preamp masterpieces. What a loss. Prayers to his family.
Old 4th September 2014
Lives for gear

Same here. Summer holidays over and I read this. Damn. RIP Oliver. Always friendly in our mails conversations. Really young too.
:-(
Old 10th September 2014
Lives for gear

Ughh...just heard about this..shocking. Great, great guy with incredible passion and knowledge. RIP friend!
Old 15th March 2015
bee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel C View Post
Does he have an apprentice or successor to take over the company?

Condolences.
Anyone know? Such sad news.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search