The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RIP Mr. Oliver Archut Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 20th July 2014
More cowbell!

Horrifying, shocking, abrupt news. I just can't belive it. He was working so hard on health and wellness. Alas, what a tragic loss for the audio community and the world. May his memory be blessed as he blessed us.
Old 20th July 2014
Lives for gear

Free lifetime support for the V78M. He even swapped out the attenuators and returned mine at no charge. I have a pair. Lovely man.

Sad Face For Sure
Old 20th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
he was SOOOOO overworked due to his magical mojo masterpieces of music. Stress is terrible for heath.
So true. Really makes a guy stop and think.

He'll be missed, for sure as he was still contributing great things.
Old 20th July 2014
Gear Nut

Does he have an apprentice or successor to take over the company?

Condolences.
Old 20th July 2014
Lives for gear

RIP Oliver

RIP Oliver. He was such a nice guy, always a pleasure to talk to, and a wealth of knowledge.
Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

Courtesy of TM on PRW:

Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

And this by way of Terry Manning, "A self portrait that Oliver made for his daughter, just4 days ago:"

Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

Oliver will be missed by many that felt the warmth he extended. It was only last week I talked w/ him.

It's true he was overextended with his work.
I agree Christian, it does make you think.
I then realize how few words there are but to realize the importance of how some people positively, and warmly effect other lives.
Old 21st July 2014
This is an unbelievable tragedy. My mind boggles to think of all of the information, wisdom, experience, and innovation the world just lost.

Sad, sad, day.
Old 21st July 2014
Gear Maniac

I just spoke to him last week. Always a pleasure. I got in a shipment of his new BV8 transformers early this week. I wonder if it is the last one I will get.

My thoughts and prayers are for his family and for him in the great microphone shop in the sky.

B
Old 21st July 2014
An immeasurable loss. Such sudden and sad news indeed.
Old 21st July 2014
Gear Maniac

Over the last few years, Oliver restored several vintage mics for me, and in the process became a great friend. In my 45 years in the music business, I've never met a better person. He will be missed by all who knew him.
Old 21st July 2014
Gear Maniac
Oliver will be missed. His creations really sounded amazing beyond just about anything else being made today.

I have a custom mic here that me made for me years ago and it's still the studio favorite, even over the vintage Neumann stuff.

RIP Oliver, you've certainly made an impact on many of us.
Old 21st July 2014
Crazy sad news. RIP, Oliver.

If you've got any of his gear, please make something awesome with it in his memory...
Old 21st July 2014
Gear Addict

Wow! Really sorry to hear this. His knowledge of German audio engineering was out of the world. He could talk for hours about any single detail you could possibly ask. He repaired my vintage V78's and then did some fine tuning and changes for free, upon my request. A true professional and a real gentleman, passionate about his work.

RIP Oliver.
Old 21st July 2014
Gear Addict

I was out of town this weekend and just reading this now. I just spoke to Oliver on Friday. I am deeply saddened by this. What a tragedy for his family and all of his extended family across the music industry. He will be missed by so many.
Old 21st July 2014
Gear Addict
This is so sad, all we can do is honor his memory and use the tools he created and make history with them... RIP big guy..
Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

Such terrible news. My deepest condolences to his family, friends and colleagues. He truly was a 'gentle giant', and was always gracious with his time and knowledge.
Old 21st July 2014
Gear Maniac

RIP, Oliver...
Old 21st July 2014
Awful news! I just spoke to him a few weeks ago :( my condolences to everyone effected by this loss :(
Old 21st July 2014
Lives for gear

this is really sad! I love my v78m and was helpful all the time with my vintage v78´s... RIP Oliver
Old 22nd July 2014
Gear Addict
shocked and very sad to hear this. he was such a gentleman. quick to help. a true pleasure to do business with.
condolences to all his beloved and indeed to all who feel this genuine loss in the community here.
Old 23rd July 2014
Gear Head

RIP
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear

I had spent about a year on the road with Oliver back in the late 1990s and we had some very fun times together and that mans understanding of how electronics and sound works was always astonishing to me.

Rest In Peace old friend.
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear

His death is so sad on so many levels. Everyone loved and respected him. The loss of knowledge with his passing is just staggering. He was way too young. I don't know anything about the cause of his death but he did have a very serious heart attack a few years ago.
Old 23rd July 2014
Old 24th July 2014
Here for the gear

RIP Oliver

A giant of a Renaissance Man. Passionate about many subjects having nothing to do with audio. His knowledge of classic microphones was second to none. He was always helpful to me, and many times our conversations strayed to farming, or making sausages, or even a little politics. I was a demanding client, and I apologized for that once. He said…"No worries Dan, you're a musician, it's what you do".

Our last conversation, about 2 weeks ago, was about moving the pilot light on the PSU for the CS-1 from the front to the back. He said he was working on it right away.

I don't want it now. I want to look at the PSU exactly as is, and remember what a great man made to help me express myself in the best light possible. Unbelievable clarity. I have been in the MI for a long time, and he was one of a kind.

RIP
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

As everyone has commented...what an audio giant, and from those who knew him personally, a very caring person. He made great gear. My personal wishes, thoughts and prayers go out to his family for their loss.

Denny C
Old 27th July 2014
Lives for gear

our thoughts and prayers go out to Oliver's family.. such a beautiful and tragic world, such a mammoth loss to the audio world.
I never met Oliver in person, just over the phone.. such a knowledge base, the kind of owner that went the extra mile to make the customer happy… I hope he was able to pass on some of his legacy and knowledge to some apprentices so the family can carry on his Legacy.

best wishes and prayers to Terry

We use Oliver's microphones (pair of CS4s) on every session and proudly touted to be on the CS1 waiting list for ever (292/293)
elations soared when talk of the CS9 (M49) was coming together… such a sad loss for studio engineers everywhere...
Old 28th July 2014
Gear Addict

My, I didn't realize he was so young. This is heart breaking. He was a genius.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search