The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Billy Preston dead at 59 Condenser Microphones
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Thanks for that link Jules.

Preston rocked and is not a replacable quantity at all. Fortunately, we have various media (video/audio) which allow us to enjoy the passion he put forth, and his grand mastery of the organ.
Old 9th June 2006
DDD
Gear Nut

My kids (6 and 8 yr) have loved him as well. Since they were born he has only been known as "SILLY BILLY"...God Bless! WDIK 3d
Old 10th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Billy Preston, R.I.P.

Just watched "My Sweet Lord" on "The Concert For George". It made me cry...

Mark Cattano
Magneto Studios
www.heedmusic.com
www.myspace.com/markcattano
Old 10th June 2006
Gear Addict

Been a Billy fan since I first heard his piano solo on "Get Back" when it came out. I saw Billy Preston live in the late 80's fronting his own band. A friend of mine rented them his B3 with pedals and leslie for the gig and we got back stage. I watched him play from behind the curtain which was a big thrill for me as a keyboard picker. The cool part was he walks out, sits at the B3 bench, slips off his leather loafers, he's not wearing socks, and the kicks the pedals barefoot! His pedal footwork was amazing. The best I have EVER seen. His performance energy was thru the roof! I had the opportunity for a brief met and greet and he seemed truly humble and gracious. We lost a true original when he passed.
Old 21st March 2016
Here for the gear
Saw him at a half filled showroom in Reno in the middle of the night way way back. One of the THE best shows/bands/ Performers I have ever seen. The talent & energy was ..... just,so far beyond what you normally see out there. Finally nailed shut any doubt I might have had when it comes to giving your all - whether there is 5 or 5000 in the audience.
Old 23rd March 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbigd0 View Post
Saw him at a half filled showroom in Reno in the middle of the night way way back. One of the THE best shows/bands/ Performers I have ever seen. The talent & energy was ..... just,so far beyond what you normally see out there. Finally nailed shut any doubt I might have had when it comes to giving your all - whether there is 5 or 5000 in the audience.
I saw him lead a song at a Clapton gig. It was the highlight of the evening, such an unexpected delight. The man had huge charisma and energy in addition to being a great Organ player and a strong singer.
Old 23rd March 2016
Gear Addict

BP was fab. Although, just how many 5th Beatles were there? Let's see now, George Martin, Andy White, Billy does Pete Best count?
Old 6th April 2016
Here for the gear

Woke up with this melody in my head this morning. Haven't heard it in over 10 years. Compliments of Burt Sugarman's The Midnight Special

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search