The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RIP Jani Lane
Old 12th August 2011

RIP Jani Lane

Old 12th August 2011
Lives for gear

Wow, what a shocker. He died about 5 minutes from me. I played with John Oswald back in Ohio when he was a drummer. We moved to Florida together and toured the bar scene at a very young age. He quit to be a singer and then recruited my brother Steve (who's still in Warrant) to be his drummer and the rest is, as they say, history. Too bad. RIP.
Old 12th August 2011
so sad. met him a few times in the past couple of years... the dude struggled hard with addiction, and this is the way it ends for too many. as much as I despise celebrity rehab, I'd be much happier to hear about him there than in the Obits...
Old 12th August 2011
Lives for gear

That sucks. I thought he was doing better. He just filmed an episode of "That Metal Show" and looked healthier and in better spirits then he has in years. What a shame...
Old 12th August 2011
Lives for gear
It will be interesting to see what happens when they find a cure for addiction. It's such a frustrating waste of lives and money.
Old 12th August 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by James 'LA' Lugo View Post
He was a friend of mine when I first moved to LA in '86 and the reason I started singing. I saw Warrant at Gazzarri's in '86 and he was incredible.

The Gauntlet - Ex Warrant Singer Jani Lane Dead at 47
Last time I saw Jani was at 6 Flags over Ga, him and the drummer was walking around the park before the show eating pizza in 1988, it was a 3 ticket deal, Joan Jett, Warrant and us, I have never forgot meeting him, at the show/park, super guy. RIP
Old 12th August 2011
Deleted User
Brilliant voice, sad day.
Old 12th August 2011
R.I.P.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 12th August 2011
Lives for gear

May his soul RIP. Vade in Pace friend
Old 12th August 2011
Gear nut

R.I.P,

Sad day indeed, Warrant are one of mine and my partners feel-good bands.
Old 12th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
Last time I saw Jani was at 6 Flags over Ga, him and the drummer was walking around the park before the show eating pizza in 1988, it was a 3 ticket deal, Joan Jett, Warrant and us, I have never forgot meeting him, at the show/park, super guy. RIP
What's your band?
Old 12th August 2011
Lives for gear

One of the best glam metal voices and another jolt of the passing of time. My best friend had been playing and touring with Jani for years. Tough day for him.
Old 12th August 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.rOk.stA View Post
What's your band?
In those days I had a band called Vision, we debut on MTV in 1987. Just a little fame here and there, we won the chance thru local radio for the slot to open for Warrant and Jett <<< she was a bi*ch......wow.

Jani will be missed, loved most of there songs, as some one said "feel good songs" that is so right.
Sometimes She Cries
I saw Red
Down Boys

That just 3 songs burnt in my mind that will never leave, epic feel good songs.
For some reason I knew him and the drummer was close, very close.

I DO NOT LIKE TO HEAR NEWS LIKE THIS........BAD DAY.
Old 12th August 2011
Gear addict

I will be cranking some "uncle toms cabin" today. Wow, very sad!

Sent from my DROID2 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 12th August 2011
Gear Maniac

I was very sorry to hear the news about Jani Lane today. One of my favourite songwriters and vocalists. I always thought "Andy Warhol Was Right" off the "Dog Eat Dog" album was a stellar track. What a tragedy.
Old 12th August 2011
Lives for gear

I have a mentor who was also very close with him. It's a shame to go so early...
Old 12th August 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
In those days I had a band called Vision, we debut on MTV in 1987. Just a little fame here and there, we won the chance thru local radio for the slot to open for Warrant and Jett <<< she was a bi*ch......wow.

Jani will be missed, loved most of there songs, as some one said "feel good songs" that is so right.
Sometimes She Cries
I saw Red
Down Boys

That just 3 songs burnt in my mind that will never leave, epic feel good songs.
For some reason I knew him and the drummer was close, very close.

I DO NOT LIKE TO HEAR NEWS LIKE THIS........BAD DAY.
ps: back when they hit it big (1st CD) he had a girlfriend here that went to USCS University of South Carolina Upstate Homepage
So he was always in and out of our area.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search