The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Michael Jackson R.I.P.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

MJ was the f'ing man, straight up. the folks on here making jokes about Neverland make my stomach turn. show some respect for one of the world's greatest musical talents and performers ever, regardless of what you think of his personal choices.

R.I.P. Jacko, you don't gotta be startin somethin anymore.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Unhappy

I just drove home from my girlfriend listening to off the wall at full volume,
when I got home I read that message

I hope you are happy up there Michael!

R.I.P!!!!!!
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Man I wanted to be Michael Jackson when I was a kid. Had the jacket, the glove. He's in a better place now though. Hope he can share some more of his talent up there. R.I.P
Old 26th June 2009
It's so weird, and I had to rent an sm7 for a session today, then after I rent it, I learn that MJ Died.
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Maniac

End of an era
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Thriller was the first album i had when i was a kid. i wore it out. still listen to Thriller every now and then. back then, MJ made me want to be a musician...
RIP
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

i cried when i heard michael jackson died
Old 26th June 2009
_rd
Lives for gear

RIP MJ
Old 26th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by xabiton View Post
i cried when i heard michael jackson died
Somehow I was expecting it, I had heard that he was in a bad health for a little while now.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislago View Post
Somehow I was expecting it, I had heard that he was in a bad health for a little while now.
i wasnt expecting him rick james james brown or luther vandross but i was in tears when each of em died. i might jump off a bridge when stevie wonder dies
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl View Post
Um... no way. As far as I remember he never promoted any great ideals. He was a good performer/showman/dancer for sure. Having Quincy Jones beside you sure helped. I imagine all those years of living in bubbles, all the operations, hormones and prescription drugs probably didn't help his health either.

You do know he co wrote We Are The World and donated millions upon millions of dollars to feeding children in Africa right? Thats a pretty big legacy.

alexP
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

A sad day indeed.... It's like Elvis has died. Poor guy and what a talent. His massive success lead to such bizarre things in his life; he had to endure so much because of his fame. We all forget how stressful a life that can be.

I was not an obsessed fan, but I loved the man's music. There will never be another like him.
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Addict

hey,

did anybody notice when Jermaine Jackson gave his public address,

how ratty the ABC news microphone looked in comparison to all of the other stations mics?

how unprofessional

EDIT: my wife takes credit for noticing that.

Last edited by adeptusmajor; 26th June 2009 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: the boss
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

R.I.P. to the GREATEST. You gave so much and still people took from you.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

It's weird that Elvis died within a few weeks of my brother being born, Lennon within a few weeks of myself being born and Michael Jackson within the first couple of months of my son being born.

I guess my family needs to stop procreating. The great ones keeps going.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Not to make light or anything, but they say these always come in THREES, and indeed it has....Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcet & now MJ (sorry if I misspelled names).....

ALL OF US here at GS work in the Entertainment Business in some fashion.... as weird & "tabloid-like" celebrity can be, we're still part of the same group of those crazy dreamers and that try to share our gifts to the world, and in some way change it and try to make it better......this week we've lost some true treasures!

The night sky this week will be brighter with a few more stars shining above!
Old 26th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRock101 View Post
Not to make light or anything, but they say these always come in THREES, and indeed it has....Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcet & now MJ (sorry if I misspelled names).....

ALL OF US here at GS work in the Entertainment Business in some fashion.... as weird & "tabloid-like" celebrity can be, we're still part of the same group of those crazy dreamers and that try to share our gifts to the world, and in some way change it and try to make it better......this week we've lost some true treasures!

The night sky this week will be brighter with a few more stars shining above!
To be honest with you, I don't really believe that anyone is more special than someone else, whereas artistic or not. I think our society has given a lot of attention to entertainment people.

I'm just thinking about the person who has died today and will not be remembered, now that is sad.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

I don't know that we know the truth. But I do know that I enjoyed his songs and I don't think there is anybody over the age of 20 who hasn't tried to moonwalk.

Is he any more or less manufactured then a ballet star? No. Watch his stuff. He is crisp and on point in ways that few, if any, are.

Maybe it was part of a team--sure. I buy that. But it doesn't mean I enjoyed his music/shows any less.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

What a tragic life

I grew up on Jackson 5 records (alongside the Osmond Bros, too). I can just hear Michael wailing in "I'll BeThere" in all his energetic innocence, years before the surgeries and accusations, etc. that plagued his later life. I too remember that Motown Special, the night that vaulted him into superstardom. I haven't listened to Thriller or Off the Wall in years, but I will tonight. As Jackson got older and more and more eccentric and weird I rejected him as both a person and an artist, but now that he's gone I'll forever remember him as the child star and as the young genius behind the best selling album of all time

RIP

PS -- I never believed the accusations per se. I DO believe he "snuggled" with his children friends, which is weird and wrong, but I don't think he went as far as sexual molestation. I could be wrong
Old 26th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRock101 View Post
You've got a point.....any entertainer/creator has something in them that can not always be expressed....it's expressed by what we create....that's why all of us "co-creators" must really look out for eachother.
Exactly, hence why I like to promote equality over specialness/uniqueness... No one is special, we were all equally gifted with a life and that's what really counts, and we need to stick with each other through thick and thin.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogjeff View Post
MJ and Farrah Fawcett on the same day... this is the end or beginning of something... look out for a California earthquake next...
No, it happened in THREES as it always does in Hollywood. First Ed McMahon, then Farrah, now MJ...... the night sky shall be brighter than ever as now we have 3 more stars to light our way! Thank you all dear souls for the joy you all brought to us!
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Head

R.I.P. pop music has lost one of its greatest icons.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

RIP MJ.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Listening to Thriller on vinyl now and giving my monitors a workout.

Chills and emotions galore!!!!!!!!

Thank you Michael, Quincy and Bruce for this gift!
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Michael Jackson Tribute Montage

Just made this for one of our radio clients.

Old 26th June 2009
It's sad, but I will not be surprised when they find out what caused his death was an accidental Rx OD.

It's been happening WAY to much lately. RIP
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aof21 View Post
Just made this for one of our radio clients.

Thanks for that, Rock with you was one of my favs.
Old 26th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamine View Post
Listening to Thriller on vinyl now and giving my monitors a workout.

Chills and emotions galore!!!!!!!!

Thank you Michael, Quincy and Bruce for this gift!
Amen!
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

I heard that in his will, MJ left the beatles catalog to Paul McCartney!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search