The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Michael Jackson R.I.P.
Old 26th June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.dot View Post
Mike was one of those artist who comes along only once every 50 to 100 years or so. "Thriller" put him over the top, but "Off The Wall" is still one of my all time favorite albums. God bless the dead.
Off the Wall was stellar!
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Maniac

Very hard news to believe......
A truly talented performer......
An inspiration to all musicians.....

R.I.P MJ
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

I'm sorry I'm from germany...we got time delay....didnt mean to make another thread...but I was...no I am just blown away...

All I can say is, I'm listening to this track:

YouTube - Lady In my Life by: Michael Jackson
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

I have fond memories of learning how to moon walk around the time I was in 4th grade after seeing him do it for the first time during an awards show. I thought it was quite possibly the coolest thing that I had ever seen. I was so into it, I remember getting my ghetto blaster which had the ability to record with microphones on the front and record the song from the speakers. The sound quality was horrible so later I waited all day for Billy Jean to come on so that I could record it off of the radio.

I still listen to Off the Wall all the time. In my opinion that is his best album by far. May he rest in peace and God bless his family and friends. I'm thinking Bruce is pretty bummed right now as they seemed to have a pretty deep friendship.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Sad... :(

I tought it was just speculation on the web, but now watching TV.. I am shocked to watch these very bad news.

A pity...

Has anyone here had the opportunity to work with him?

Long-time, big fan here..

Rest in Peace...
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

R.I.P. He was the first musician I remember listening to...
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

RIP :(
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Addict

RIP MJ
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

We're probably the no.1 audio-forum in the world.

Does anyone else feels that somebody is gonne make alotta money off of michaels death? I allready feel like I wanna get to hear his last music. Do you feel the same???

I know he was working with Will.I.Am an them....I wanna know what this is gon sound like...
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Well if there is money to be made, his kids are sure gonna need it, what with all the debt problems. RIP
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Oh ****..I just saw this on yahoo.

He bought so much to so many,

yes,major issues...but you would to,with that kinda upbringing.

Just the other day I saw a girl in the passenger seat of a parked up car..she can't have been more than 15..the stereo was blasting 'Don't stop till you get enough' and she was just dancing in her seat-really feeling it...big smile...and waving to people out of the car...I waved back..

..was having a low day...and..kinda reaffirmed for me why I'm doing this music thing..said a little 'thank-you' to MJ.

True great.

I'll miss him...well,I'll miss that light that was so bright in him for a while..that inspired us to be better,showed us what we can be.

Love U M.

(..but comon...'leaving behind' those three kids!?!...don't know who their father is....but it sure as hell weren't Michael)
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

I have another fond memory in 4th grade of us boys all spending the night at a friends house in McClellans base housing to first watch the A-Team and then camp in a tent in his parents front yard.

One of the boys had brought a cassette player with the song Thriller on into the tent. He proceeded to start playing it and one of the other boys started crying because he thought that zombies might come and attack us!
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

R.I.P

Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

sigh
i can't believe this.

and this crazy overload of info now makes even more surreal.

RIP MJ
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Here's Michael when I first knew him:

Great music you gave us, Michael....
Old 26th June 2009
Sad Day!

The King of Pop died ...and there is no Prince that can take the Royal Crown of Pop!

I am a rocker, but what amazing songs, love the fact that his songs have such amazing mood and groove!
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Regardless of his personal woes, he was a great artist. He always strived to take things to the next level and beyond. If only todays artists would try even half as hard. Even though I've been ridiculed for it over the years, I've been a fan and stayed a fan since I was 9 or so. RIP Michael...
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

No one....repeat....no one....will ever sing like him again. Truly a huge talent.

RIP MJ
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

I am thankful for the music he gave us and saddened by the way his life turned out.

I too had recently blown the dust off of one of the Moonwalker's records. I listened to the whole Dangerous album several days ago...which I hadn't listened to in years.
Old 26th June 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusRant View Post
Regardless of his personal woes, he was a great artist. He always strived to take things to the next level and beyond. If only todays artists would try even half as hard. Even though I've been ridiculed for it over the years, I've been a fan and stayed a fan since I was 9 or so. RIP Michael...
+100

regardless of his personal life, he did his job, and he did it better than anyone else.
Old 26th June 2009
Here for the gear

yeah, today has been crazy...First Farah, now Mike....
Old 26th June 2009
its an incredibly sad moment...michael jackson IS the king of pop music...i just cant believe it...the greatest singer, musician and entertainer of all times, a wonderful person and my biggest inspiration & influence hast died...may he rest in peace :-(
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

What's troubling me most is that I can't put it into perspective. You have Elvis and John Lennon as well, but neither had the iconic videos Michael had and their fame came from probably only about 20 years that they were alive. Michael's been famous since he was 11 friggin years old. The Jackson 5 had their own cartoon. They were signed to Motown. He will forever have the highest selling album of all time. Justin Timberlake, Usher Raymond, Chris Brown are what they are because of what Michael laid out. Even other members of Nsync who are not even doing their thing anymore are flabergasted that they shared the stage with him in 2001 at the VMA's. Sheryll Crowe's career began because of Michael having sung backup for him in 1988. How can anyone put all this into perspective. I don't think any of us really get it. My eyes are completely liquid as I type this.
Old 26th June 2009
mos
Gear Nut

R.I.P. Michael

thanks for the beautifull music

still cant believe it..

You will deeply missed
Old 26th June 2009
KAB
Gear Addict

RIP Michael. A great talent.
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikjmuzik View Post
Elvis, John Lennon, Michael Jackson

To me these 3 are equal.
Old 26th June 2009
Deleted User
Super sad here, terrible day.
Old 26th June 2009
Here for the gear

RIP MJ
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Maniac

Really a sad day. What an amazing loss. His legacy will never be forgotten

RIP Michael

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search