The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Michael Jackson R.I.P.
Old 29th June 2009
Gear Addict

The guy was a total genius...a really sad loss on so many levels. I'm sure I'm not the only person on here who wouldn't even be into music were it not for his influence

I hope the man finally finds some peace
Old 30th June 2009
Gear Maniac

A LOT of misinformation in the UK tabloids. Read this instead:

My trip to Neverland, and the call from Michael Jackson I'll never forget, by Paul Theroux - Telegraph

and this:

The MJ I Knew
Old 30th June 2009
Gear Head

My first cassette was "Thriller" - I am certain that the countless hours I invested in absorbing every aspect of that album shaped my ear in some way. In all honesty, my career began with him.

As many of you have mentioned before, he was a tortured soul. However, his talent and influence on the industry is undeniable. Hopefully he has finally found peace...
Old 2nd July 2009
Here for the gear

Michael Jackson answers his legal problems in his own words;

YouTube - Michael Jackson Has Died
Old 3rd July 2009
Lives for gear

What is this world come up ? Charging 25 bucks for the MJ wake... this ceremony should be free. Seems the means justifies the ends... greedy people.
Old 5th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
Its hard to beleive that grown men are talking like 1st graders about a person that just passed away!!!

Could it be because he was a rich, talented, adored blackman ?

Is it really necessary to bring up race in this situation?
Old 6th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
That is the issue.... I just got the balls to say it.
Old 6th July 2009
Lives for gear

Did someone confuse balls with narrow mind again ? MJ was a true genius with an open mind towards music. Him and Quincy Jones listened to everything... gave everything a chance, on it's own merit. They listened to a track called Dog Eat Dog by British Post-Punk band Adam And The Ants from their 1980 album, Kings Of The Wild Frontier, then promptly called up Adam Ant and asked him how he got that drum sound. This world NEEDS big ears and open minds.
Old 7th July 2009
Lives for gear

OMG. Rev Jackson is such a racist [email protected]#cK

MJ did this for black people, did this black people bla bla bla. Anyone else find this racist as he spoke at the memorial? I mean for fu#$k sake he's a freaking Reverend.

MJ Did what he did to share with the world. Black or white. He even had a song it doesn't matter if your black or white and never played the race card in all the troubles he had.

What a shame man he had such an asshole speak like that at his memorial.
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by anemicrock View Post

MJ did this for black people, did this black people bla bla bla. Anyone else find this racist as he spoke at the memorial? I mean for fu#$k sake he's a freaking Reverend.

MJ Did what he did to share with the world. Black or white. He even had a song it doesn't matter if your black or white and never played the race card in all the troubles he had.

I think you have the Rev. Al Sharpton mixed up with the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who didn't speak at the memorial as far as I saw.

I also doubt Michael had much say in who spoke at his memorial.

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

Yea that's the dude. My bad. Damn all those Jackson's. lol

Quote:
I also doubt Michael had much say in who spoke at his memorial
NO ****
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

While Michael Jackson was important around the world, statements like this either show a complete disconnect or extreme discounting of how important he was to African-Americans.
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

MJ was important to all people. It's staments like yours that make it a RACE issue.
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

And let's not forget, The guy had WHITE children and by the time of his death was more white than me.

He was obviously more concerned about the white race than the African - American.
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
MJ was important to all people. It's staments like yours that make it a RACE issue.
If you don't understand how important Michael Jackson was as a positive role model to multiple generations of African Americans then I can't help you.
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

I don't need help. Thanks
Old 8th July 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
And let's not forget, The guy had WHITE children and by the time of his death was more white than me.

He was obviously more concerned about the white race than the African - American.
How rude can someone be

WTF is your problem!
Old 8th July 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian! View Post
If you don't understand how important Michael Jackson was as a positive role model to multiple generations of African Americans then I can't help you.
Damn right!
Old 8th July 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:

Did you just crawl from under a rock or something? Or are you having a bad day and just "wanna be startin' something"?
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

I'm not starting anything. I just thought all the talk at the memorial about how he did so much for black people was off. It sounded racist. Like he never did anything for every other race.

There talking about him as if he was Dr Martin Luther King Jr. He was a musician that brought music to all races.

I never meant to sound rude. What I was trying to imply was is the agenda it seems on the day of the memorial for some speakers was that he was "doing what he did" for black folks. Not that case at all. Yea it's nice to have an African American do so well but the way they go about telling it is so wrong.

That's like the world saying at the time of Elvis's death "He did so much for white people". It's stupid.

I was also not having a "Dig" at MJ either. My remarks as to him being more white than me was a simple TRUE fact that he wanted to be white. He wanted White children. He married White woman. What exactly did MJ do for African Americans "let alone all the other Black people in the world that don't happen to be American" that he never shared with all other races?
Old 8th July 2009
Gear Addict

I've got one wish to the people that have legal rights over Michael Jacksons music
That if there comes (and off course there will be) a new album from the King of pop...

Go absolute insane on a huge massive bundle

Giving the ones who loved MJ a massive box loaded with bluray's including:
- all his incredible video clips
- his performances on stage and the fun backstage
- interviews from all over the world
- doing his magic in the studio's

Also many books including:
- stories from him personally
- stories from people he worked with
- stories from people he was close to
- stories from fans all over the world that tell why Michael was so special to them
- pictures from all over the world with Michael or have a special story behind it

All of his albums should be in there and maybe one or more which never got the change to be released

There must be tons of things I forget which could make this bundle even more special but I hope people understand my point
Maybe all that money can go to a charity foundation and help the not so gifted ones which Michael would always try to help.. no matter what color, race or background
I think Michael would have liked the idea

Also I think this is something we all want (sorry that I just spoke for us all )
Its up to the ones with the legal rights to his masterwork
And I know its way to soon to be talking about stuff like this
I would just like to know, hear and see so much more about the friend that we never really knew or understand but somehow connected deeply with thru many generations
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

Sounds like an awesome idea! Would be interesting to see if those who own the rights would do such a thing though. Here's to wishing.
Old 8th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't need help. Thanks
You obviously do considering you've completely misunderstood a very important facet of a man's life and have totally overreacted in doing so.
Old 9th July 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ View Post
Also many books including:
- stories from him personally
- stories from people he worked with
- stories from people he was close to
- stories from fans all over the world that tell why Michael was so special to them
- pictures from all over the world with Michael or have a special story behind it
I'd suggest "Make Mine Music" by Bruce Swedien. Lots of good stuff in there about recording with MJ... also "The Autobiography of Quincy Jones"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ View Post
I've got one wish to the people that have legal rights over Michael Jacksons music
That if there comes (and off course there will be) a new album from the King of pop...
As far as the future of releases go, some may(or may not) come from here:

Michael Jackson memorabilia owner recalls turbulent past with musical family - NJ.com

My GF is a long-time friend of Vaccaro's and has seen a lot of the stuff firsthand. She described the experience as "otherworldly"...

Rest In Peace "Smelly"...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search