The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RIP Natasha Shneider, 1956-2008 Condenser Microphones
Old 2nd July 2008
Lives for gear

RIP Natasha Shneider, 1956-2008

(Sorry if this is not the appropriate forum. Mods can move this wherever it need to go.)

This morning at 11:11AM, Natasha Shneider drew her last few breaths, and finally succumbed to her battle with cancer, at the age of 52.

Natasha was a member of the band Eleven, cowriter and producer on Chris Cornell's Euphoria Morning, part of Queens of the Stone Age, and had a very deep and profound influence on many bands and musicians, yet went unheralded throughout her life, except within pockets of the musical community. She was one of the closest friends I ever had, as well as my musical mentor and guru. She will be missed greatly.

Her partner and soul mate of twenty three years, Alain Johannes, needs your thoughts and prayers. Also, the medical bills have left him in terrible hardship. Queens of the Stone Age, and Nikka Costa will be performing separate benefits, to be announced, and there will be others, I'm sure. But anybody who knew Natasha or Alain, or was a fan of their work, who would like to donate to her memorial fund, is encouraged to visit Natasha Shneider Memorial Fund .
Old 2nd July 2008
Lives for gear

So soon to lose such a talent.
Old 2nd July 2008
Gear addict

man that sux

RIP
Old 2nd July 2008

Man what a shock - such a well-rounded musician. I love what she added to Euphoria Morning
Old 3rd July 2008
Gear Guru

This is sad news indeed. Euphoria Mourning is a favorite of mine!
Old 3rd July 2008
Gear Nut

This is terribly sad. I'm a long time fan of her work. Thoughts and condolences to Alain and the families. RIP
Old 3rd July 2008
Lives for gear

Totally blown away. I wasn't aware that she was ill. Bloody shame. A beautiful musician inside and out. Sometime in the early ninties I caught Eleven at some club off Santa Monica. Great band. Talked to her for the entire break, a real talent and a capitvating person. My prayers go out...
Old 3rd July 2008
Lives for gear

Always liked her band - Eleven, sad news.
Old 3rd July 2008
Lives for gear

Very sad
RIP
Old 3rd July 2008
Gear maniac

R.I.P.

Very sad news. Euphoria Morning is one of my favorite records of the past fifteen years. My heart goes out to her friends and family...

Mark Cattano
Magneto Studios
MySpace.com - Mark Cattano - Huntington, New York - Rock / Alternative / Progressive - www.myspace.com/markcattano
Old 3rd July 2008
Lives for gear

You know, her influence on Chris was so clear when you listen to the new record, and you wonder where songs like "Preaching the End of the World" are.
Old 3rd July 2008
Lives for gear

so terribly sad.

condolences and all my best to alain, her family and friends.

what an amazing artist. what great gifts she left this world.

so sad.

best,

jchristopherhughes
Old 3rd July 2008
Lives for gear

This is tragic, what a talent!
Old 3rd July 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblair View Post
You know, her influence on Chris was so clear when you listen to the new record, and you wonder where songs like "Preaching the End of the World" are.

Spot on... and I wasn't even close to her like you were I am merely a fan who through listening to Euphoria morning got to recognise that talent.

"Disappearing One" is on right now - love those clarinets she played on that tune
Old 3rd July 2008
Lives for gear

That would be Alain on clarinet.
Old 4th July 2008
Gear Addict

Very sad news indeed. I saw Eleven on several occasions in Seattle, and absolutely loved their music. Natasha was a rare talent.

R.I.P.

My best wishes and condolences go out to Alain. All the very best to you during this difficult time.
Old 4th July 2008
Lives for gear

BTW, the response to the website with donations is overwhelming. Her son Robin is trying to personally thank everybody he can, but I want to thank anybody who reads this that donated. We couldn't believe how much money was raised in 24 hours, and it was such a great load off Alain and her son Robin's minds to know how much less they will have to deal with.
Old 15th July 2008
Lives for gear

I've just heard this sad and surprising news. I've been a big fan of Natasha and Alain’s music for years.

R.I.P.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search