The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rupert Neve 1926-2021
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
A good life, well lived. We should all be so lucky.

Vale, Rupert. Rest well.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
R.I.P Mr. RUPERT NEVE. Thank for your time that changed the world of recorded music. Your legacy will live on forever in Focusrite, Neve Electronics and Rupert Neve Designs as the original founder of the three companies you left behind. https://www.rupertneve.com/company/history/
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

9 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
He left behind an amazing legacy, and what a gentlemen he was! R.I.P Mr Neve
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Bless you in this life and the next Rupert Neve. Thank you so much.
Old 1 week ago
Great person.

Total pleasure to have met him and to have used his amazing gear.

Huge impact on the Pro Audio world.

RIP

In this (3 part) audio interview I asked him if he believed there was a correlation between God and electronics..

Rupert Neve interview March 19th 2007
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
My first foray into pro gear was a 1064 original. I didn’t know squat back then, 25 years ago. But boy did that unit sound great the first time I plugged it in. It still sounds great today. I’ll never part with it. Thank you, Mr. Neve. Everyone I know knows who you were because I could never keep my mouth shut about your gear. My condolences to your family, team and friends.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Rupert Neve was one of the true stars of the last hundred years in the audio world. RIP. A true star.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
If we truly are Gear Sluts, then Rupert was our Lord. May news of his passing inspire everyone to go back and read about the man, his work, and his legacy.

R.I.P.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
R.I.P.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I grew up on a quad "Spitfire" in the late 70's. That desk had 16 track monitoring and fed an A-80, what a sound. Decades later the preamps, EQ and comp/limiters from those consoles are still considered some of the best sounding ever. Over the years Mr. Neve continued to produce legendary products with the “sound quality above all else” approach. Rupert Neve was truly gifted. R.I.P.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Rupert Neve, the man contributed so much to what we revere in design and engineering. His name will continue to be iconic, a member of a very small pantheon of people who's impact on our industry will be ever lasting.

Rupert, thank you and may you rest in peace.

Cdlt
Solid State Logic

🎧 10 years
Huge love and thoughts from Oxford to all the team in Wimberley. So much of a hole to fill.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…