The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wayne Gunn, 68 : Aug. 15, 1950 - Oct. 30, 2018
Old 17th July 2019
Here for the gear

Wayne Gunn, 68 : Aug. 15, 1950 - Oct. 30, 2018

Wayne Gunn of Ampex / Audio Village

"PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - Wayne Gunn was raised in South Bend, Indiana, resided in Bloomington, Indiana for many years, and at the time of his death resided in Palm Springs, California.

While in Bloomington, he worked as an audio engineer at the Indiana University Musical Arts Center and also started his own recording studio, Audio Village. He carried on with Audio Village as an equipment business when he and his wife moved to Palm Springs.

As a young man, Wayne had been in the Coast Guard. He loved to travel and was interested in different forms of transportation, especially trains, but also boats and military aircraft. He also loved Cycling and to hike in the Palm Springs desert and mountains.

Wayne was preceded in death by his parents, Glenn and Gwendolyn, and his wife Michele."

- Source hoosiertimes
Attached Thumbnails
Wayne Gunn, 68 : Aug. 15, 1950 - Oct. 30, 2018-img_4882.jpg   Wayne Gunn, 68 : Aug. 15, 1950 - Oct. 30, 2018-img_7143.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Well I was going to call Wayne and check in with. Sorry to hear he is gone. It was always a nice drive for me going to Waynes in palm springs from san diego. i shared his love for analog tape machines. One time I have to laugh about it now. I sold Wayne about 20 tape machines and he packed them in his small jeep along with his wife and barely managed to not bottom out on my steep driveway.
Take care bro!
Glenn. TMM.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search