The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
R.I.P. Dave Aron
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

R.I.P. Dave Aron

Dave Aron has passed away. He was a talented engineer who worked with many great artists including Tupac, Sublime, Prince, U2, moe., and was known as Snoop Dogg's engineer for over 20 years.

Dave Aron Biography

Some of my buddies are among Dave's best friends, so I hung out with him a couple dozen times. I first met him at the Avalon in Hollywood when he was mixing a show for Snoop and Nate Dogg (also R.I.P.). Dave, also known as "Dizzle", was a tough, but nice guy with a New Jersey accent, who usually wore a backwards baseball cap while he smoked blunts and worked in the studio. It didn't matter if it was hip hop, pop, r&b or jamband music, he could mix the hell out of it. He could also play the saxophone. We once reminisced about going to the same Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia Band shows, back in the day.

It's really sad because he just settled down and had a son about 3 years ago. He had several strokes in the last few years, and recently had a long bout of sepsis, from which he never recovered. 54 is way too young. Dave had a lot of people who loved him, he will be greatly missed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search