The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RIP Mark Hollis
Old 25th February 2019
Old 25th February 2019
Deleted 8a2d25d
Yes, sadly.

The guy who gave us the sentence "before you can play two notes, learn how to play one note" and so many beautiful songs.

R.I.P. Mark :-(
Old 25th February 2019
Gear Addict

RIP Mark, thank you for the music, genius musician.
Old 26th February 2019
Lives for gear

Sad news. In a way I'm glad he dropped out of the industry. He's frozen there at the very peak. Superb musician.
Old 26th February 2019
Lives for gear

Was hoping maybe this was an awful mistake. Very sad.
Old 26th February 2019
Lives for gear

Oh my what a sad day. He gave me some of my favourite music and has been so inspirational and influential to me and so many others. RIP Mark and thank you for your brilliant music, your legacy lives on.
Old 26th February 2019
Lives for gear

R.I.P

I admit I was late in discovering his amazing work. 'Spirit of Eden' is certainly among my fave records, in the 'modern' era of recording (say post 1980) right now the only record that had a similar impact on me was Jeff Buckley's 'Grace'.

Check out Phill Brown's book 'Are we still rolling?' for a great insight in the recording and creative process of the last two Talk Talk albums as well as Mark Hollis solo record - his final artistic statement from 1998.

Music for the ages.
Old 26th February 2019
Gear Maniac
R.I.P Mark
Old 28th February 2019
Lives for gear
Thanks for the glorious music Mark
RIP
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Head

Such amazing Albums and it's amazing to hear the growth and progression as an artist from album to album.
This interview is definitely worth a listen. His approach to recording his later albums is interesting and very thought provoking :

YouTube
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear

Stunned. Haven’t been online in a few days, queued up Laughing Stock and Spirit of Eden tonight during a snowstorm for the first time in ages, signed onto Gearslutz just now and read this. One of those floor drops out below you and time just stops headlines. A true genius who channeled music from places most of us will never be allowed into. Wow, this makes me wobbly. One of the greats...
Old 7th March 2019
Gear Head

I'm surprised that there are so few tributes to one of the most talented artists to emerge from the 80's.
Growing up, it was amazing to hear the development of Talk Talk from album to album ... it was truly inspiring to me as a musician.
I've been listening to their albums for 30 years and I've had Mark Hollis singing running through my head for the past week...what a loss.
RIP Mark Hollis.
Old 12th March 2019
Gear Addict

I just learned about this in the media. Really sad. R.I.P. Mark

Few days ago it was Keith Flint, now Mark. All the memories of strong emotional music, raw talent. It reminds me of the time passing and we´re also all just getting older and older. So we should make the best out of every single day we spend here on earth. Life is precious.
Old 18th March 2019
Gear Guru

R.I.P

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search