The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mark Genfan. Acoustic Spaces.
Old 20th December 2018
Lives for gear

Mark Genfan. Acoustic Spaces.

Sad to pass on the news from here in Austin. Acoustician Mark Genfan and his wife lost their lives driving thru a low water level crossing less than 2 wks ago. Texas can be a scary place when we get too much rain. Mark had a company called Acoustic Spaces and was really well liked in the industry. Very smart dude and a nice guy. RIP.

Last edited by kellyd; 21st December 2018 at 01:49 AM..
Old 24th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyd View Post
Sad to pass on the news from here in Austin. Acoustician Mark Genfan and his wife lost their lives driving thru a low water level crossing less than 2 wks ago. Texas can be a scary place when we get too much rain. Mark had a company called Acoustic Spaces and was really well liked in the industry. Very smart dude and a nice guy. RIP.
Hey Kelly -

Just saw this and wanted to thank you for giving a shout out to Mark and Alisin. There are lots of folks that have him to thank for their introduction into a career in some form or fashion. I personally am so grateful to him as he took time out of his schedule to meet me as a stranger and introduced me to the first acoustic consulting company that employed me as a systems designer. That was years ago and we weren't strangers for long; sharing many interests and lots of communications over the years.

Such a great guy, such an amazing woman, and much love to their son who was their pride and joy and who I know has a mountain of pain to eventually overcome.

Mark touched a lot of rooms and all of them were better off due to his passion and knowledge. And quite literally changed my life.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search