The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mike Denneen and Ian Kennedy
Old 13th July 2018
Mike Denneen and Ian Kennedy

Lost a couple great Boston audio folks this week. Ian Kennedy, an incredibly skilled guitarist and violinist, and a damn fine engineer who mastered a number of records for me (and many, many others) over the years passed at the beginning of the week.

Mike Denneen followed a few days later. He was a serious heavyweight here in a town, producing countless great records, teaching at Berklee, and running Q Division Studios.

Rough week here in Boston. We're gonna miss these guys.
Old 15th July 2018
Gear Nut

Details on Mike

Hi Bennie - Heather been any details on what happened to Mike? Are you aware of any service is being held? — Rob
Old 20th July 2018
Here for the gear

Thanks so much for posting this, Benny. Such a huge loss.

Nice article about Mike in the Boston Globe yesterday:
Mike Denneen, whose sharp producing instincts guided musicians and bands, dies at 54 - The Boston Globe

This is one of my favorite deep cuts of his with Merrie Amsterburg:

He also did a webinar on production and mastering with Jonathan Wyner and iZotope a few years back that is really good:

As Benny mentioned about Ian Kennedy, he was a really important mastering engineer and musician around town, and you can hear his handy work on records by Josh Ritter, Portugal the Man, Chris Smither and few million others. But his band, Reverse, was *so damn good*.

Please go buy a few thousand copies of "Monkey Mind" and give them to everyone with ears.
Old 22nd July 2018
Lives for gear

I am truly sad about Mike’s death. I feel privileged to have spent some creative time with him. I enjoyed every minute. Thank you, Mike.
Old 4th August 2018
Here for the gear

Mike's my cousin. His memorial is today at the Mosesian Arts Center in Watertown, MA at 4 pm.
Old 4th August 2018
Here for the gear

For folk's information, I learned Mike's memorial will be streamed on "The Mohesian Arts Center" Facebook Page at 4 pm.

Mosesian Center for the Arts - Home | Facebook
Old 5th August 2018
Lives for gear

Thank you for that, K-Dub. I am sorry for your loss.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search