The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
R.I.P. Vinnie Paul
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

R.I.P. Vinnie Paul

REST IN POWER Vinnie Paul

Vinnie Paul, the legendary drummer and co-founder of Texas metal band Pantera, has died at the age of 54.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

RIP Vinnie, awesome drummer.
Old 3 weeks ago
Sad to hear this, both Vinnie and Dimebag were awesome musicians gone too soon. RIP.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yeah, losing talented folks is sad, but losing talented AND NICE folks is even sadder. My 6 degrees of separation ,Vinnie Paul story is.......many years ago my brother had a heavy rock/metal band and his drummer was a young and marginal player at best. He had heart,but not a lot of chops./ Anyhow, they played a gig in Dallas and Vinnie was there and after the show he went out of his way to tell this young drummer what a great performance he had given and that he had a lot of rock n roll attitude and that if he kept practicing he could be a really great drummer. Needless to say, that was exactly the kick in the pants that kid needed and he went home and began practicing 3-4 hours a day for months and he actually got to be pretty good. Last I heard this kid was traveling around the country playing rock n roll and doing what he loved. You can't put a price on that kind of encouragement and kindness.

R.I.P my rhythm soul brother.

fb
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

VP was in the middle of a Hellyeah album at the studio where I am at. He will be missed.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
VP was in the middle of a Hellyeah album at the studio where I am at. He will be missed.
Don't know how to word this so apologize in advance, but are the drum tracks done? maybe they can finish the album and pay tribute to him by releasing his final works.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

all of V.P.'s parts were done. Not really sure at this point what's going to happen with it as everyone that's involved in it is pretty bummed about it. I suspect its going to get done at some point it;s just going take longer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search