The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RIP Avicii
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

RIP Avicii

I'm not into the whole dj/dance culture, but he was a huge name for a lot of people here. And 28 is a young age to die... RIP
Old 20th April 2018
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Nut

Rip lil boy
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Head

I haven't been into his music either but he gained sympathy from me when I read about him trying to quit being a person of public interest. Which made me think of him differently in a positive way.

Going on the journey at just 28 is nothing but sad.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Not my bag either, but, incredibly sad.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Yes, very sad.

Vila i frid, Tim.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Avicii (Tim B.) actually seemed to be a great musician and much more than just a button mashing DJ. His talents will be missed. Avicii's contributions to the dance music scene go well beyond EDM as his songs have touched many people around the world and helped them in positive ways.

RIP Tim and condolences to his family.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

He had all-time most played song in Spotify.

R.I.P.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaggan33 View Post
Sad that we lost another brother to drugs. Trying to get that musical high with substances doesn't end well.
Have drugs been confirmed? I seriously doubt it in Oman.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaggan33 View Post
Sad that we lost another brother to drugs. Trying to get that musical high with substances doesn't end well.
Care to share the post mortem report?

28. That’s no age.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
From what I've read, he was already having serious health issues for a few years now, had his appendix and gallbladder removed, ( due to an excess of alcohol and energy drinks ), and had issues with his pancreas. He stopped touring a few years ago because of that.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Addict

RIP Sir.

Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
From what I've read, he was already having serious health issues for a few years now, had his appendix and gallbladder removed, ( due to an excess of alcohol and energy drinks ), and issues with pancreas.
Yeah I read that and technically you're right it's alcohol induced but I still doubt this is the cause.

However, who knows. Best to not speculate until we know more.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Not my bag either, but, incredibly sad.
Yep, too young - wasn't into his music but he died before his time. May he RIP.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Head

Damn... So sad right now.

He was one of the artists who got me into music production when I was a kid. This video he did was an inspiration for me. I learnt many things from it.

RIP TIM
Old 20th April 2018
JDN
Lives for gear

why do so many preface it with "I'm not a fan of his music...but". Why not be respectful and just keep that to yourself, it does not make you look cooler or better in anyway. Or maybe just say nothing then?
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Very sad to hear this :( Rest in peace, Tim, and thank you for the music.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
You can get whatever you want where ever you want. Oman is no exception.

Vila i frid, Tim.

/C
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDN View Post
why do so many preface it with "I'm not a fan of his music...but". Why not be respectful and just keep that to yourself, it does not make you look cooler or better in anyway. Or maybe just say nothing then?
maybe to show that nevertheless we care?

Do you think it's more respectful entering this thread just to criticise people and saying nothing about this tragic loss? Like you did.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDN View Post
It has nothing with "being cooler" or "better" . You can even dislike someone's work, but still respect him as an individual and a human being.. Some people are unable to do that ( maybe it's your case , that's fine ) and some people are able to. I don't have to enjoy someone's work or pretend to do so , to be able to still respect him as an individual.
Like I said, I know he was very important to many people here, which I created a RIP thread, since I was surprised there wasn't one.

EDIT : and I don't know why was this moved to the "Gear free zone" .. shouldn't it be moved to the memorial subforum ?
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

God bless, too young.
Old 21st April 2018
Gear Guru

In the words of the great Fidel Castro, death will come for you when it comes, we never know the date so live well and be happy. A lesson to us all.
Old 21st April 2018
Here for the gear
#RIPAVICII
Tim Bergling... He was doing what he loved doing, making music. The rest was forced upon him I feel. Planes, hotels, events, rinse repeat! Brutal schedule! If he could have just been in the studio and watching his music being played by others on the sidelines from time to time I am sure he might still be here. Money, fame is not what it's all about for some. True artists really get more from seeing the emotion their music has on their fans and enjoying the creative process. Enjoy the music he has left us.

Rest now Tim. Thank you for the all you have left us with to enjoy!

He knew it wasn't sustainable...
YouTube

Playlist of some of his greatest achievements:
YouTube
#RIPAVICII
Old 21st April 2018
Here for the gear

I was not a big big fan, but because I write to a webzine about music I went to last edition of Rock in Rio Lisbon. I was thinking to just stay a bit of his concert, but the sound quality and the visual show was so awesome that I was not able to leave!
This was the last concert before he stop acting live...and in the end his last concert ever!
Despite not being a huge fan of his type of music I can't deny how important he is to all the EDM scene and how sad it is to see a big talent die only at the age of 28!
Just sad!
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

This thread should not have been moved to this sub section. Avicci represented electronic music and in the electronic music section this thread should have stayed. There's hardly any exposure here. You mods get a little too sprung loaded trying to perfect gearslutz with all these sub sections....RIP Tim.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Wow didn't see that one coming. RIP.
Thought it was a joke at first.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear
Glad it got moved, was never a fan of mainstream edm. It is not what electronic music is about in it's essence. On topic: Rest in peace and best wishes to the other side!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armati View Post
#RIPAVICII
Tim Bergling... He was doing what he loved doing, making music. The rest was forced upon him I feel. Planes, hotels, events, rinse repeat! Brutal schedule! If he could have just been in the studio and watching his music being played by others on the sidelines from time to time I am sure he might still be here. Money, fame is not what it's all about for some. True artists really get more from seeing the emotion their music has on their fans and enjoying the creative process. Enjoy the music he has left us.
Yes agreed but he was not a angel by the means. I met him and know him before and did some work in the same teams and stages. We both "signed ups". He liked to have fun and so do I dont we all? To go to shows every day it is a job that peoples not sign up for! It is a good guy and some commercial hit but bad at a lot of what you say. Typical kids being the controlled again by greedy brands. I feel bad he died. Rip
Old 4 weeks ago
twenty ****ing eight. Jesus.
Old 4 weeks ago

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search