The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
R.I.P. David Cassidy Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

R.I.P. David Cassidy

Possibly sneered at by 'Musicians' but he was clearly never happy as a 'Teen Idol' and his version of 'How Can I Be Sure' was excellent....He was a huge part of 70s pop culture.....Far too young.... Thoughts and wishes with his family
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Teen idols of course seldom get respect. I will say that if you were born around 1960, David Cassidy was a big deal in the early 70's. Like him or not. I Think I Love You was a pretty big hit and The Partridge Family was a very popular show in it's day. I used to play with Teri Cote, David's drummer for many years. She never had a bad word to say about him. RIP David.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

A lot of guilty pleasures present themselves throughout a lifetime, the Partridge family was one of mine, sucha lovely image and sound, Cassidy helped me believe in love in times of utter confusion and desperation. You have to have it and live it to give it.
Into the light you go...hope ya stay awhile...
Temple
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by clump View Post
... his version of 'How Can I Be Sure' was excellent...
It was. Never got airplay in the US, as far as I know. Good cover of "Cherish," too.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
RIP David Cassidy.
Certainly was huge in his day. Sold a lot of records and at one point he had a bigger fan club than Elvis or the Beatles. Thats no mean feat considering it was in the same era...give or take a couple of years.
He had his demons and i think he just wanted to be more of a rocker.Should have kept his hair long.
He drank and spent his cash like a rocker though.
Loved breeding horses apparently.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Despite being mostly known as the Partrige Family's teen idol, he was also a great, great singer. His 70's albuns are very good, "Dreams are nuthin' more than wishes" (74) is a masterpiece, a classic very well recorded and engineered album, with lots of dynamics. His voice and performance shines on the whole album. Previous "Rock me Baby"(73) , which includes "how can I be sure" is also great. Both are on the top of his career imo.
Old 5 days ago
Sad News!

RIP David Cassidy.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search