The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RIP Dennis Dreadstone (Kidvybes )
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

RIP Dennis Dreadstone (Kidvybes )

I am sorry to report that Dennis Dreadstone (Kidvybes ) passed away today. Here is what his sister said on facebook today.

"Today my brother Dennis passed from this world peacefully surrounded only by love. I know so many of you have prayed and sent positive energy. Your posts meant so much. Please share your memories of him and remember his endless creativity and imagination and, of course, his sense of humor. Give thanks and bless."

Susan Stone Floss

https://www.facebook.com/Dreadstone?fref=ts

For any of you who knew Dennis, you know he was a great guy who loved Audio and Music. He was a great contributor here and in other places. He recently got sick and it didn't take long for it to catch up with him. Hug the ones you love!

Last edited by dandeurloo; 18th March 2016 at 04:27 AM..
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear
Wow! I am truly speechless. I can't even begin to express my gratitude for the information regarding microphones he so patiently bestowed upon me. His honesty was second to none. A true gentleman...he will sorely be missed. My condolences to his family.

R.I.P. Kidvybes

Last edited by Twenty Staxx; 18th March 2016 at 02:38 PM..
Old 18th March 2016
Wow @kidvybes always gave honest feedback regarding mics IMO. He def will be missed regarding the diy mic scene, especially with his penchant for always going a step or two further with builds and tweaks. This is sad to hear and condolences to his family and friends. He always used to joke about his Gap in his front teeth, especially doing VO files testing mics/ capsules. May he rest in audio peace and forever be surrounded by new mic builds. Oh yeah and again he is the sole person for making the warbler mics known and available not to mention the many other products he always gave props too. RIP Dennis @kidvybes"
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

Oh man I'm so sad, even though I just knew him barely threw gearslutz reading his posts and speaking to him few times about mics... Rest In Peace !
Old 18th March 2016
MYN
Gear Nut
He was extremely helpful and always generous with his experience and knowledge. It's a lesser world without him.
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

Sadly missed. Condolences.
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

Oh no. No idea what to say. Such a nice and genuinely helpful guy.

What a shame. Damn.
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

Oh, that's so sad. Condolenses to his family.
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

Wow, he gave so much here with all the info on Mics. It will be different without him always testing out Mics and giving recommendations based off it. R.I.P. Dennis your contributions will be so missed.
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

Oh my gosh. I am completely in shock and incredibly sad about this. Kidvybes we love you and miss you and this board will not be the same without you.

-Mike
Old 18th March 2016
Wow. So sad to hear this.
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

I spoke to Kidvibes at length by phone not too long ago. He said he was sick at a later date when I asked to call him again to further discuss the mic merchants. So very sad. Rest In Peace my good man....
Old 18th March 2016
Gear Guru

I'm sorry to hear this. He was quite a knowledgeable cat, and quite happy to help pass along what he knew.
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

Yeah he was a cool dude and knew his stuff. He straightened me out on a few pieces of gear.
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

Oh no. Can't believe it. Rest in peace my man. :(
Old 18th March 2016
Always sad to lose a forum member; RIP and thank you for your contributions @kidvybes
Old 18th March 2016
Gear Addict
Incredible, just recently exhanged some PM's with him.
Very sad to see such a great knowledgebase to the "low end theory" leaving.
Old 18th March 2016
Geariophile

Oh no! I didn't know Dennis apart from on here, but he will be missed indeed. Condolences to his family.
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

Terrible news, indeed.

He was my favorite fellow slut.

Condolences to his loved ones.
Old 18th March 2016
Gear Head

This is very sad. My thoughts go out to his family. I think he was quite a positive force.
Old 18th March 2016
Gear Nut

You will be missed Dennis!!! Safe Travels to You and Yours!!!
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear
I had no idea he was sick, or I would have sent him a message for sure.

I don't think Ive ever felt so sad hearing of the passing of someone I didn't really know. Honestly, he was one of the reasons I read stuff on GS so much. I will miss his contribution and just knowing he was in the world, as he seemed a genuine soul. I can only imagine how his family and friends must be feeling if I, a practical stranger feels the loss as profoundly as I do.

A sad day. Bless hi.
Old 18th March 2016
Gear Addict

This is quite upsetting to see him pass. Feel like I somewhat knew him without ever meeting.

Rest in peace Kidvybes.
Old 18th March 2016
Gear Nut

RIP Dennis thank you
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

Oh Wow! My condolences to his family, R.I.P Kidvybes.
Old 18th March 2016
One of the most informed and generous Slutz when it came to mics. All the best to his family and rest in peace, Kid. Sad day for all Slutz.
Wheels
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

My deepest condolences to his family. Dennis will be missed here for sure. He was always so generous with sharing his knowledge and experience, always in a positive way.

I will miss his presence here. Rest in peace Dennis!
Old 18th March 2016
Lives for gear

I always enjoyed and appreciated his posts. His opinion was always held in high regard. He will be missed.
Old 18th March 2016
Awful news. Rest in peace @kidvybes - and condolences to his family and friends. :(
Old 18th March 2016
Engagement Manager

Very sad to hear this news. RIP peace Dennis
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search