The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RIP Dennis Dreadstone (Kidvybes )
Old 3rd October 2016
Here for the gear

RIP Dennis "KidVybes" Dreadstone..
Didnt personally kno the man, but he was always very helpful, always had the scoop on mics..
Im gonna miss seeing his posts..
My condolences to his family..
Old 2nd November 2016
Here for the gear

I miss him too! When he was around, I was just a lurker on these boards, but I learned a ton from Kidvybes's posts about microphones and preamps. He always gave me hope that great sound was within reach, even for those of us on a shoestring budget. Blessings.
Old 10th December 2016
Gear Head

I just heard the news about Dennis and am deeply saddened... I once had the opportunity to speak with him on the phone after lots of PMs and as always varied and solid advice about music, gear, and life. He was instrumental in encouraging me to move to Jamaica and follow my dream of making reggae music. Since I first chatted with Dreadstone I have come along way in music, life, and love... he shared many stories, photos, and videos with me about his time in Jamaica, and through those conversations he gave me strength and wisdom which proved invaluable. It's not everyday we get to stop and think how the people we stumble upon in life influence us in so many subtle yet important ways. His kindness and generosity was so authentic and instantly recognizable... That spirit will live on through his family, friends, music, and good deeds until the end of time. Thank you Dennis for your help, strength, enthusiasm, and positivity. I will not forget you and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 18th March 2017
Lives for gear

A year has passed.

But we haven't forgotten.
Old 18th March 2017
Lives for gear
Yep, I still see his name in many discussions on hear and I always think I wish he were still around. My thoughts are with his family and friends today.
Old 18th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by legato View Post
A year has passed.

But we haven't forgotten.

How timely. I've been really wishing my production partner and friend were around so I could pick up the phone and ask certain questions about mics lately and just chat about some upcoming collaboration projects. His passing was a real tremendous loss for me, my family and apparently many others who love all things music.

Legato...I sincerely feel you have been carrying the torch of mic knowledge here on GS lately and I truly appreciate that. Thank you for continuing that legacy. I don't know how I never noticed your extremely knowledgeable posts all these years until recently? Keep up the good works. I'll be picking your brain from time to time. Thumbs up!
Old 27th March 2017
I still miss him, too.
Old 2nd April 2017
Gear Nut

I used to talk to D once every couple/3 weeks, we could go on for hours about everything and anything, I sure miss my pal, it's still a stab in the heart everytime I come across one of his many posts here, I hope that soon morphs from a sad reminder of loss, to a happy memory of my friend.
Old 13th January 2018
Gear Maniac
Hate to bring back such sad news and old thread.

I was just looking up mic/tube info and landed on a gentleman who kept providing useful info. None other than our kidvybes. Never spoke to him, but had to come and pay my respect. We all miss you man. Thank you for what you did for the community.
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyo View Post
Hate to bring back such sad news and old thread.

I was just looking up mic/tube info and landed on a gentleman who kept providing useful info. None other than our kidvybes. Never spoke to him, but had to come and pay my respect. We all miss you man. Thank you for what you did for the community.
I'm really glad you resurrected this thread. Dennis needs to be mentioned and remembered around here.

When I see a new mic come out and read lots of hype etc, I always think "I wonder what Dennis would think of it, we'd get an honest, educated opinion from him".

RIP.
Old 13th January 2018
SEED78
RIP KV!
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
I'm really glad you resurrected this thread. Dennis needs to be mentioned and remembered around here.

When I see a new mic come out and read lots of hype etc, I always think "I wonder what Dennis would think of it, we'd get an honest, educated opinion from him".

RIP.
Indeed. Dennis’s presence is missed around here. Big time.

RIP, buddy.
Old 14th January 2018
Gear Addict
I bought many a mic on D.K.'s advice. Never a bum steer.
Old 15th January 2018
Lives for gear

Yep, i miss him quite a bit..
i think of him almost any time I'm reading about microphones..
always strikes me when he jumps into my brains this way
Generous guy.
Old 15th January 2018
Gear Addict

Thanks guys, for reminding me how valuable his contributions were/are. i intend to go back and read a lot of his informative posts. I'm sure he was an awesome person, judging from the tenor of his writing, & helpfulness.

Chris
Old 17th January 2018
Gear Nut

I miss him too, I have a pair of diy mics here that Dennis gave me the tubes for as a gift, they are 1950's GE 5 star stock, i plan on putting some custom badges on the mics at some point, one mic will have a K on the badge and the other will have a V on it for kid/vibes, this way I'll think of him every time I use em, and will be able to talk about him when someone asks about the badges.
Old 26th February 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyeYguy View Post
I miss him too, I have a pair of diy mics here that Dennis gave me the tubes for as a gift, they are 1950's GE 5 star stock, i plan on putting some custom badges on the mics at some point, one mic will have a K on the badge and the other will have a V on it for kid/vibes, this way I'll think of him every time I use em, and will be able to talk about him when someone asks about the badges.
RIP dennis- his knowledge lives on through all of us-above is a very cool gesture
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search