The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
RIP Dennis Dreadstone (Kidvybes )
Old 20th March 2016
Shocking news, he was such a caring and informative GS member - he convinced me through his genuinely positive attitude and honest feedback to make a few purchases from ISK Pro Audio... He will always be remembered.
Old 20th March 2016
Lives for gear

So sad. I was reading some of his posts earlier today and then this. Wow. RIP KB. Such a great member. My condolences to his family.
Old 21st March 2016
Lives for gear

A huge loss - Dennis and his family are in our thoughts and prayers
Old 21st March 2016
Lives for gear

I echo much of what has already been shared. Not only will I miss his knowledge, contributions the fact he took the time to answer my PM's.He was a true gentleman.
RIP, you will be missed
Old 21st March 2016
Gear Nut
I have a great respect for Dennis, he's one of the good guys. I was really hoping to have the opportunity to meet him in person someday. When iSK Pro Audio was just getting started, I spoke with him and he schooled me about the history of various microphone manufacturers, and he gave me inspiration and ideas which lead to some improvements in our product line. I've been reading his posts for many years, and I've learned a lot from him. I am deeply saddened, he will be greatly missed.
Old 21st March 2016
Wow until a month back I was following the 3u audio and this is really unexpected. I only know him through the 3u thread but im sure he was a great member of this community. RIP dennis
Old 21st March 2016
Lives for gear
I really hope is family are aware of how much love Dennis had over here and are aware of this thread as well as the 3UAudio one, where there are also many messages regarding what he meant to this community.
Old 23rd March 2016
Gear Nut

Dennis was a Prince of a man, sorely missed.... 8(
Old 23rd March 2016
Here for the gear

The fact that Dennis found time to contribute here and help people with only a few days left is incredibly inspirational to me. I wish I'll become half the man he was one day. Lots of well-known people passed this year, but this is the first time I cried because of the passing of someone I didn't know personally. RIP Dennis.
Old 23rd March 2016
Lives for gear

Very shocked at the news. So sad to hear this. I spoke to Dennis many, many times on mics, reggae and general gearslutty things. He was a top guy, friendly, helpful, full of praise for those who deserved it, and a good critical thinker.

Bon Voyage and fly brother man. You will be missed..............
Old 3rd April 2016
Lives for gear
I am deeply saddened by this news, Kidvybes helped me a lot with his advice and his posts on here. I used to communicate with him on PMs and he helped me with advice on a few mic purchases. Initially I used to suspect he was a internet marketer for Stellar mics because he was very enthusiastic about their CM-6 and CM-5. But I soon realised this was genuine praise and this man was the real deal he genuinely knew his stuff. May his soul rest in peace. He was a huge gift to the recording community.
Old 3rd April 2016
Gear Addict

So sad to hear this. He always was genuinely interested in helping others on this board. Rest in peace.
Old 4th April 2016
Gear Head
Very very sad to hear of this. I didn't really know Dennis, yet I always had a keen sense of him, through his posts, as a naturally helpful, sweet and humble guy. RIP Dennis, and my condolences to his family and friends.

groovon
Old 4th April 2016
Lives for gear

RIP. I really enjoyed Dennis' posts. He had always seemed to friendly and eager to impart information. I don't know how I missed the news. I will surely miss his input. My very best to his family and friends with my deepest condolences!
Old 4th April 2016
I'm sorry to hear this.

My warmest condolences.

R.
Old 7th April 2016
I've read many of Dennis' posts and admired his approach and seemingly tireless effort to help others. Although I did not know him personally, his advice came through as trusted and respected. I wish his family and friends peace.
Old 10th April 2016
Gear Addict
RIP Dennis

Dennis also helped me part with my money with many great mic companies. I enjoyed adding some cheaper mics to my collection after chatting with Dennis over the years. Stellar mics was a great start.
Yes i would be interested in a 3U audio KV67 model of some sort too.
Thanks for your contribution to the Audio Industry that we are all love.
Old 12th April 2016
Lives for gear

For a long time if I saw a post by Kidvybes I'd read what he had to say, and he really embodied the best of the musician's spirit here. In a way he was always implying to go ahead and aim for higher on your microphones and was so enthusiastic he could sell ice cubes to the Eskimos.

And so I extend my love and well wishes to his nearest and dearests. He really carried a torch though, like an Olympian, and that's what comes to mind.
Old 13th April 2016
Gear Addict

I only knew Dennis through his posts here, but they were filled with meaty info and his contagious enthusiasm for pics was totally bereft of ego. I learned so much from them and enjoyed his outlook. He seemed like a great guy and to see all these posts from people who PM'd and spoke on the phone with him and the time he would spend with everyone helping them sort out their gear questions is an inspiration.

Rest In Peace.
Old 17th April 2016
Oh no! I just now found out about KV's passing, I didn't even realize that he was ill. He was one of the best that GS had to offer. As a reggae fan myself, I'm sorry I never got to talk with him about that music, but I enjoyed his many mic evaluations, good humour and generosity. RIP brother.
Old 29th April 2016
Here for the gear

Hello all! Thank you so much for all you're kind words regarding my uncle, Dennis Dreadstone aka kidvybes. I read every single one, this thread certainly gave my family and I comfort during this time. I am speechless in the amount of love surrounding his knowledge and passion towards you all. My family and I thank you beyonds words. So as my uncle would say, Give Thanks And Bless!
Old 30th April 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hflofasho View Post
Hello all! Thank you so much for all you're kind words regarding my uncle, Dennis Dreadstone aka kidvybes. I read every single one, this thread certainly gave my family and I comfort during this time. I am speechless in the amount of love surrounding his knowledge and passion towards you all. My family and I thank you beyonds words. So as my uncle would say, Give Thanks And Bless!
You can also read more love for your uncle here:

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

Got to the latter dozen pages or so, for more comments made after his passing.

He will be missed for sure.
Old 1st May 2016
Lives for gear

I can't describe how saddened I am to hear this.

I don't know this person but I have been reading, as everyone has, Kidvybes' incredibly generous offerings on microphones for years now..

Always straight up, generous with info..I could tell that Kidvybes was a great person in real life and feel like I owe him many -Thank you's- from over the years.

I see his Niece has posted here..Your Uncle was very much appreciated by so many here. Folks he didn't even know in any real way..he distributed his knowledge and observations freely and with gusto..I'm gonna miss him. Peace to your Family in navigating this loss.
Old 1st May 2016
That's very sad indeed when a fellow mate passes on. My condolences to the family and may he rest in peace.
Old 1st May 2016
Lives for gear

Still stunned that a guy we sparred with online so recently is gone. Too many losses this year. Bless you, man, wherever you are.
Old 3rd May 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
You can also read more love for your uncle here:

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

Got to the latter dozen pages or so, for more comments made after his passing.

He will be missed for sure.

Thank you so much my family very much appreciates all the love and support. My uncle was a great man and he is horribly missed. He is with all of you now in spirit guiding you all in the right direction, that little voice in you're head could be him! Bare with me as I'm still trying to navigate this website!
Old 3rd May 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchicago View Post
I can't describe how saddened I am to hear this.

I don't know this person but I have been reading, as everyone has, Kidvybes' incredibly generous offerings on microphones for years now..

Always straight up, generous with info..I could tell that Kidvybes was a great person in real life and feel like I owe him many -Thank you's- from over the years.

I see his Niece has posted here..Your Uncle was very much appreciated by so many here. Folks he didn't even know in any real way..he distributed his knowledge and observations freely and with gusto..I'm gonna miss him. Peace to your Family in navigating this loss.
Thank you so very much! It definitely has been a roller coaster for sure. It's been very difficult to deal with, but we're trying to find comfort. All these kind words from all of you have definitely helped with the process! Bless! He is at peace and he was surrounded by love (and music of course) in his final moments.
Old 3rd May 2016
Thanks so much for coming here to share about your uncle. I founded this site years ago and he was part of the furniture here. Our thoughts are with you.
Old 6th May 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Thanks so much for coming here to share about your uncle. I founded this site years ago and he was part of the furniture here. Our thoughts are with you.
That really means a lot, thank you so much. Hes such a great man and his soul lives on. If anyone has any questions or comments regarding my uncle and his passing feel free to contact me by email at, [email protected]

Bless!
Old 9th June 2016
Gear Guru

RIP Dennis. What a great source of knowledge and experience, and a generous soul. He will be missed.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search