The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
RIP Bernie Torelli, founder of Nomad Factory
Old 20th January 2016
RIP Bernie Torelli, founder of Nomad Factory

Today we are terribly sad to announce that Bernie Torelli, founder and main developer at Nomad Factory passed away at the age of only 60 after courageously battling cancer for over 3 years.

Bernie was an exceptional musician, producer and audio plug-in developer who inspired the entire audio community with his work. He started creating his first plug-ins over 20 years ago when DAWs really started to replace hardware recording gear in professional recording studios. At the time, Bernie was producing major artists in France, Canada and in the USA while also working as a respected sound engineer with renowned musicians such as Stanley Clark, Bunny Brunel, Tony MacAlpine, Brian Auger just to name a few.

Bernie was also an amazing guitarist who recorded and toured with renowned artists including legendary French singer/songwriter Michel Polnareff.

Nomad Factory plug-ins have been used on numerous Grammy Award albums over the years due particularly to the warmth and richness in sound they provide and their realistic analog feel. Nomad Factory plug-ins include “Liquid Bundle”, Essential Series”, “Analog Signature” and the famous “BlueTubes” series that received incredible success in the late 90’s, and still are today amongst their best selling software.

Bernie was incredible at emulating the physical sound characteristics offered by tubes, transistors and other physical components delivered by analog gear. He totally mastered the art of fine tuning his software so that they met/meet the highest levels of sound quality required by the most demanding artists and sound engineers of the industry. Some of Nomad Factory’s products do refer to legendary audio hardware that he owned and loved using, but he always refused to emulate these for marketing purposes.

In early 2010, Nomad Factory launched it's incredibly successful “Magnetics Bundle” which is a fantastic collection that includes 3 innovative sub products (Magnetic, Echoes and Cosmos), acclaimed by all audio professionals. Magma is also an incredible product that contains no less than 65 credible plug-ins, but it was perhaps launched ahead of time as it didn’t meet the expected success.

Bernie also largely contributed in the development of the Plug and Mix brand which received incredible success with the “V.I.P. Bundle” and more recently the “Pro Series” plug-ins reflecting his vision of modern software.

Over the past few years, new and talented developers joined Nomad Factory to assist Bernie in the development of new products planned by Bernie while he was under heavy treatments fighting his cancer. Up until his last few days, Bernie remained a present figure to support the team and fine tuned the latest Nomad innovations.

“Many new Nomad products are almost ready to launch” says Eric Nolot, co-founder and CEO at Plugivery.com (Nomad Factory’s official distributor). As part of the legacy, Bernie left tons of ideas and concepts for the future of the Nomad Factory company. He made sure the developers are well trained to keep-up with the brand’s development; assuring the continuing quality and integrity of upcoming products.

It is with deep regret that we and the entire audio community join Bernie’s family in mourning the loss of a great musician and a pioneer in the audio plug-in world. May Bernie's family be blessed, with our condolences, and find peace in these difficult times.

Rest In Peace Bernie!

NB - Nomad Factory’s distributor Plugivery has created a Facebook page where testimonials in Bernie’s memory may be left - visit it here - https://www.facebook.com/Plugivery/
Old 20th January 2016
Lives for gear

longtime admirer and user of NF. Sorry to read this-RIP, sir.
Old 21st January 2016
M2E
Lives for gear

Bernie Torelli Passed

Just saw on Don't Crack site that Bernie Torelli from Nomad Factory just passed away.
I never knew him personally but this was heavy on my heart to say RIP since I couldn't login to do it on the Don't Crack site.
I own a few of his great plugins that he was involved with,

1. Integral Studio Pack 3
2. Magnetic I and II
3. Cosmos
4. VIP Bundle

Stop by to send fair wells to a great plugin designer. RIP Bernie!!!

Marc
Old 21st January 2016
Old 21st January 2016
Gear Nut

Sad news. I have and use lots of his stuff. One of the pioneers. R.I.P.
Old 22nd January 2016
Here for the gear

Very sad news, RIP.
Old 23rd January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
.... May Bernie's family be blessed, with our condolences, and find peace in these difficult times...
I'm sure words escape a LOT of people, many who never met Bernie in person but who benefit from his brilliant understanding of what sounds great.

Such a gain to us all and now such a loss
Old 28th January 2016
Lives for gear

What a sad news.... Rip.
Old 29th January 2016
Lives for gear

I'm really sorry to read this :( I'm one of the fewer people here on GS who really likes NF plugins. May he rest in peace...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search