The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rip Rowan / Prorec.com ?
Old 18th January 2007
Gear Addict
Rip Rowan / Prorec.com ?

Anyone know what happened to this cat or his site? I thought he had a great site and it was very informative. Seems to have dissappeared
Old 18th January 2007
Lives for gear

+1

i remember a review rip rowan wrote, describing the qualities (or lack thereof of 10 powered monitors...

whether or not the review was accurate, it was certainly honest... if i remember correctly, he dfegad on the krk v88 and the roland ds 90 monitors pretty badly ... a man who spoke his mind...

speaking of reviews that dfegad on the product, heres a review of the danelectro sitar swamy, from harmony central heh

Ease of Use : 1

I didn't buy this thing; I only tried it out, thank God. This category asks, "How easy is it to get a GOOD sound out of it?" Answer: It's IMPOSSIBLE to get a good sound out of it; but it's dead-simple to get horrendous It also asks, "Has your unit been upgraded?" Answer: If you're unfortunate enough to own one, then the only way to upgrade it is to sell it to some poor, naive young ****** for more than you paid for it.

Sound Quality : 1

This thing sounds like a two goats and a pig being butt-raped by their Taliban owner until their ears bleed. In other words, it's hard on the ears, it's comical, and it's a moral outrage. For everyone who had the misfortune of buying this little fecal bag of pus, Danelectro might as well have butt-raped them and then robbed them for their troubles, as well. This gizmo is an auditory atrocity. I think all Hindus, and everyone who appreciates the sitar should take to the streets.

Reliability : 1

Is it reliable? Yes, utterly. And there's the shame of it: You can rely on this little skunk anus to sound HORRIBLE--first time, every time.

Customer Support : N/A

I couldn't care less.

Overall Rating : 1

It doesn't matter which styles of music you play; avoid this thing like the plague. The only additional feature it needs is a self-destruct function, which would vaporize it the moment it came off of the assembly line. This thing sucks so bad it could suck Jupiter through a drinking straw.
Old 18th January 2007
Gear Addict
LOL!
Old 2nd February 2007
Gear Nut

Does anyone know the answer to what happened to ProRec? I'm curious myself now.

Mark
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

I believe his site was hacked into by a group of Taliban goat herders.
Old 21st January 2009
Lives for gear

talk about old school, i bought my first Mackie HR824 under his recommendation back in 2000!
Old 21st January 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by opium89 View Post
Anyone know what happened to this cat or his site? I thought he had a great site and it was very informative.
He had a few good things on there mixed in with a lot of questionable info.......... a lot of it you had to take with a grain of salt.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search