The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Scarlett Solo is a member of the top-selling range of USB audio interfaces in the world – a range that sells on its sound quality. From the simplest to the most sophisticated, each Scarlett USB 2.0 audio interface provides the perfect combination of top-quality precision digital conversion and Focusrite’s legendary mic preamps. Like all Scarlett interfaces, Scarlett Solo is fully compatible with Macintosh® (including Yosemite®), and Windows® computers, and with the included Red 2 and Red 3 AAX plugins, it’s a perfect partner for Pro Tools®. Click here to learn more about the keys to Focusrite interface superiority. Precision digital conversion means that you capture the most accurate, best-possible-sounding performance. And the mic pre inside the Scarlett Solo’s elegant, rugged and compact aluminium case is a genuine Focusrite microphone preamp with a 30-year heritage, specially designed for our interfaces, which lets you record with the legendary Scarlett sound. Sleek, light and tough enough to take whenever you go, Scarlett Solo turns your Mac or PC into a portable recording studio. Whenever inspiration strikes, simply plug in any microphone and instrument, and start making the highest quality recordings

Discussions

Which $100 interface

...and vocals (not all at the same time obviously,) into my PC. I think I have it narrowed down to: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2x2 (2nd Gen) M-Audio M-Track 2x2 (will hit store shelves this week) Steinberg UR12 All have sample rate of 192kHz/24bit M-Audio comes with Cubase LE and a bunch of other plugins Steinberg comes with Cubase AI...

View Post

How do I buy a vocal mic?

No no no the SM57 would be a terrible choice, it's far from a definite "all-rounder" unless you're putting it on guitar cabs or snare drums. Look at the Audio Technica AT2020, I've worked with budget artists who've recorded on it for vocals. Great mic and it's 100 bucks

View Post

Zapping from monitors - Help!!

...on these forums! This is a fairly long one but I've tried to be thorough. I have a laptop -> Focusrite Scarlett Solo -> 2 JBL 306P monitors My problem is in the form of an intermittent yet consistent 'zap' from the speakers, only when the laptop is plugged in and charging. It is not...

View Post

Video Guides