The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

USB 2.0 Audio Interface, 2-in/2-out, 24-bit/192kHz, with 1 Mic Preamp, 1 Instrument Input, USB Bus Power, and Bundled Software - Mac/PC. The new generation of Scarlett interfaces from Focusrite includes a host of technical innovations under the hood. An updated converter design provides sample rates up to 192kHz, 24-bit, for high-resolution audio. The instrument input has been thoroughly re-worked to give 8dB more headroom - suitable for the hottest pickup - while the acclaimed Scarlett mic pre remains unchanged. New protection circuitry on the inputs and outputs protects your investment against electrical challenges like phantom power accidentally being plugged into the outputs, or shorted inputs with phantom power. The gain controls have evenly distributed gain that makes it easier to set your input levels with greater accuracy. New, super-low latency lets you record and monitor with your favourite DAW plug-ins and virtual instruments with no need for outboard DSP.

Discussions

How do I buy a vocal mic?

I have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen and an iMac with Pro Tools. My budget is $100-150 for the mic. After doing some research I’ve found that SM57 seems like a solid all round mic for people with a tight budget. Any thoughts on that one for a female vocalist?

View Post

How do I buy a vocal mic?

No no no the SM57 would be a terrible choice, it's far from a definite "all-rounder" unless you're putting it on guitar cabs or snare drums. Look at the Audio Technica AT2020, I've worked with budget artists who've recorded on it for vocals. Great mic and it's 100 bucks

View Post

New to recording !

Alright.. I’m newbie at this all so bare with me! I have a Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen interface, and whenever I plug in my fender strat, to the interface, and into my GarageBand/Logic Pro X, it just sounds HORRID. So much feed back, the noise gate won’t help at all much. I’ve seen so...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?