The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

With its versatile complement of no less than 20 outputs and 18 inputs – including eight of Focusrite’s award-winning Focusrite microphone preamplifiers designed specifically for the computer interface environment and delivering legendary Focusrite sound quality – the rack-mounting 18i20 quite literally forms the heart of the modern digital studio, combining the central features of Focusrite’s USB 2.0 audio interface range: mic preamps that build on 30 years of experience and precision 24/96 analogue/digital conversion for the very best quality into and out of your DAW. Click here to learn more about the keys to Focusrite interface superiority. Focusrite mic preamps, backed by 30 years of design experience and found in the world’s top studios, give the 18i20 an unequalled level of performance, with low noise, minimal distortion and enormous dynamic range. Dual front-panel inputs also offer 10dB pad buttons to handle the highest-level inputs. 18i20 supports both Macintosh and Windows computers as well as the iPad (Camera Connection Kit required).

Discussions

Should I start a home studio business?

...this... Room treatment/basstraps - GIK Acoustics - ($1500 I think?) Yamaha HS8 Monitors - $500 Drum Mics - $1500 Drum Kit - $1500 Scarlett foscurite 18i20 & 18i8 - $800??? Pro tools EDUCATIONAL bundle - $300 I think (tbh I dont even use pro tools only for quantizing drums but I'll throw it in) External Hard drives - $500 Honestly I'm not...

View Post

Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base

Hmm, I'm torn between Presonus Quantum and Apollo X x6. As I'll be coming from Scarlett 18i20 2nd GEN they both look mighty fine (Quantum just a bit better than Apollo, but the later has Unison). I used to have Fireface 800 which I had to sell, I see they're both better than FF800. Apollo's...

View Post

Leaving the Box for Drums - Hardware Solution Wanted

I do that exact same thing with a scarlet 18i20 and a bunch of synths. They all plug into it and goes across the room via Adat optical into Orion interface. Works great! You just need to take the time to setup the Scarlett mix routing properly. Also need to make sure you can clock...

View Post

Video Guides