The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Mono Mic-Pre & Dynamics

Discussions

Help me choose- FR Red 7/UA 6176

...The unit will most likely see use in many other applications as well. I have had my eye on the Focusrite red 7 for some time now. My only complaint here I think is the lack of ability to connect the compressor separately. In another post AudioGaff suggested hooking my other mic pre's output into...

View Post

Plugins for voiceover?

...for other post/edit/production houses and expect someone else to mix them I keep things very simple: 1: u87 (or other) 2: Focusrite Red 7 with - gentle compression to about 2-4dB at most, depending on the talent - low cut filter in 3: Software EQ if needed to correct an anomaly. Typically a lot can be solved by moving...

View Post

-18db on acoustic sounds harsh

...lack of surprise is perhaps that I record using KM84s occasionally and I hook them up to a tube Focusrite Red 7 or a 1073, and even without pushing it it's clearly different and less 'round' or 'warm' than the Focusrite. So to me it seems like if one is hitting the "harsh zone" then...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?