The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The reference standard of the CMS line, the CMS 65 received the 2008 Excellence Award from Pro Audio Review magazine due to its amazing size/price/performance ratio. Its extended response at 45Hz (-3dB) allows installation without a subwoofer. CMS 65 monitors are characterized by treble definition, midrange transparency and adjustable control of the midbass and bass registers. The tonal balance is extremely stable, even at very loud volumes, ensuring accurate reproduction when mixing and mastering. ProAudio Review: Excellence 2008 award. Audiofanzine: Best value product 2009. 2-way near field active monitor

Discussions

JBL LSR305 vs Adam F5?

...Close and nearly as expensive were the Focal Twin6 followed by the Focal Solo6. Again pricey. I thought the Focal CMS 65 was not far behind and there things I liked better than the Solo6. Guys I've worked with had the 65s and the more I listened the more I liked them. I kept going...

View Post

Focal Alpha80 vs Focal CMS65

I am using the CMS 65 for trance/progressive house, and have heard the entire Alpha series as well. Specs don't always tell the whole story, so here's the deal: - The Alpha 80 has a bigger, but less 'cleaner' LF response - Low-mid's on the CMS 65 are a little more revealing than the Alpha 80 - Top...

View Post

PSI A17-M vs Neumann KH 310

Mackie 824, KRK V8, Focal CMS65 and I've tried several others -- none of them was as revealing as PSI. I have moderately treated room: bass traps and reflectors but for sub bass monitoring I'm using subpac and like it a lot too.

View Post