The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

In addition to the more common dynamics processing controls (ratio, attack, release, etc), Pure DExpander v3 provide control over the essential dynamics profile it uses, all in order to offer the user full control over the processing even in the most demanding situations. Two parameters are provided that are kind of unique to dynamics processing; Dynamics Ratio and Level Independent Detection (L.I.D), using the dynamic range content of the signal and not just the signal levels as standard processors do. Dynamics Ratio is controlling the amount of auto-ratio determined by the signal dynamics and the manual ratio setting. This literally opens the sound, increases the dynamic impression and keeps some crest by adjusting, in real time, the ratio of every dynamic processing section in regards to both the current ratio settings and the signal content (mainly dynamic range).

Discussions

Limiter comparisons (with sound)

...16 bit file. DOWNLOAD Included in my session are the following files (for now): A Sonnox Oxford Limiter B Waves L2 C Waves L3 UltraMaximizer D Flux Pure Limiter E Sonalksis FreeG clipping F Voxengo Elephant 3 G Ozone Limiter H Timeworks Master Compressor clipping I UAD Precision Limiter X Original 24 bit master without limiter MY OWN OBSERVATIONS A Lots of nice transients but also a tad...

View Post

24 bit a waste of time?

...wide-spread. Finallly, every better sounding limiter is also a clipper. At least for high dynamic range passages. It has to, a pure limiter sounds dull and impractical. Generally, you guys should differ between naive PCM clipping and a properly bandlimited digital clipper (or analogue clipper). These forms of clipping are not comparable.

View Post

limiter / clipper EXACT difference ??

...extra frequencies so it sounds less punchy. However, you can, by having very aggressive parameters, have some distortion on a pure limiter, which sounds very different depending on the model and the algorithm they use. The best combination of volume, punch, and transparency comes from a judicious combination of the two. Depending on the...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?