The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The ESQ-1 is an 8 voice polyphonic synthesizer (dynamic voice allocation). It has 3 oscillators per voice which use digital waveforms, which can be analogue, digital or samples. There are 3 LFOs per voice, 4 digital VCA and envelopes. The filter is an analogue 4 pole resonant filter, with a 6 stage envelope. There's an 8 track sequencer with 30 patterns and 10 song capability. Memory is 40 patches total. It has 8 part midi. There's a rack and keyboard version, which has 61 keys with velocity. The rack version is called ESQ-M and does not have the sequencer. Produced in 1986-1988.

Discussions

Ensoniq ESQ-1

So I took my jars of spare change and used the money to buy an ESQ-1. My first impressions are very nice. I can't wait until I get the envelope section figured out.

View Post

Behringer DeepMind 12

and let us pause and think, put down the chalice of analog fantasy, there isn't really any reason why an analog synthesiser should be those high prices we pay either really, it's completely a false economy based on nerd hype, it's 2016 the technology we are talking about is 50 years old and has become...

View Post

Ensoniq ESQ-1, SQ-80 - ultimate patch collection

...it has a check box for "force gui refresh" which brought everything up. Now I don't think I need my physical esq-1 anymore... goodbye to its non-functioning cart reader, goodbye to the low voltage battery message :heh:

View Post

Video Guides