The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The pulse-duration-modulation (PDM) which is used in the compressor EMT 156 is a new (mid 60´s) method in this field. It provides an elegant technical solution to the problem of controlling the compressor characteristics. The PDM compressor EMT 156 is therefore particularly adoptable to the varying demands in practical operation. It can according to requirements work as compressor, limiter or a combination of the two. The range of possible variations of its characteristics in the three above mentioned functions is shown in the diagrom 'static characteristics'. Furthermore, the recovery time can be made short, long or a function of the programme material. A further special feature of the PDM compressor is that it avoids the usual rise in background hiss during signal pauses FUNCTIONS VARIABLE CHARACTERISTICS Limiter Limiting threshold Compressor Threshold of compression Compression ratio Compression Expansion threshold for low levels Expansion ratio for low levels Limiter and compressor As under limiter and compressor External control The gain becomes a function of an external DC voltage 0db gain amplifier

Discussions

?what are your five favorite compressors?

1. EMT 156 2. Avalon AD2044 3. Tube Tech CL1-B 4. 1176 5. LA2A

View Post

Who in here is using a Dav BG4 Compressor?

exactly - i think i give the bg 4 as a present to a good student who record a lot

View Post

Emt 156

Hi, Does somebody own a EMT 156? I am thinking of buying such a unit. I know i should look for a complete "refurbished" unit, to avoid problems that can get expensive. But i want to know more about what i can use it for. - Can you use this Compressor and Limiter for Mastering? - Can you use...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?