The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Analog Four is a four voice analogue synthesizer. There are two assignable filters for each voice. They are analogue and have a 4 low passor 2 pole multi Mode topology. Additionally there's a distortion circuit. Each of the four voices offers two analogue oscillators with sync function, plus two sub oscillators and a noise generator. There are two digital LFOs and envelopes per voice, AM cross modulation, and a dedicated LFO for both PWM and Vibrato. There's an FX engine with functions as "wideshift chorus", "saturator delay" and "supervoid reverb". The machine offers a flexible step sequencer which stores synth and FX settings. It's capable of a parameter lock so individual settings can be saved per synth patch. An FX setting can be stored on a single sequencer step. Per track there are parameter locks. There's a comprehensive modulation matrix for various sources and destinations. This includes the CV and Gate outputs. Patches can be stored and contain all the FX and synth settings and sequencer steps and parameter locks. The I/O connections on the synth are: A headphone output, two main outputs, two external inputs, two dual cv/gate outputs, a usb port and midi in/out/thru ports featuring din sync out. It is designed to communicate with everything from legacy instruments and modular synthesizers to computers.

Discussions

Roland JD-XA,... WOWZA.

...you'd be getting a whole lot of power. How some of you could think that this will be less than an Analog Four keys price wise is beyond me.

View Post

909Day: New Roland products to be announced.

...to sound like any other analog and has been critiqued for not sounding vintage enough, something often leveled at the Analog Four as well. Both synths have their own character but it isn't a character people are familiar with. Truth be told synths like the Xtk and Q get more respect now than they did...

View Post

korg dss1 vs casio fz1

Update 2. I found Analog Four for 600 euro or a bit less...so is it really worth DSS1 for the same price? I know they are two completely different machine, but if we should compare them for the same price, isn't the Analog Four a great value? Sorry for that, but you know...gearslutz effect

View Post

Video Guides