The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
new Roland Aira Modular! Modular Synthesizers
Old 29th March 2015
new Roland Aira Modular!

edit: I'm voluntarily taking down these photos as they were accidentally shared.

I'm sorry.

after the initial excitement wore off it occurred to me that someone could get in a lot of trouble over this. on the plus side, the photos didn't show much of anything but enough has been said/shared that speculation can just as easily continue.

------------------------

edit 2: now that they're officially announced, here's the pics we've all seen by now...

Last edited by 165099; 16th April 2015 at 05:38 PM..
Old 29th March 2015
Gear Addict

Whaaaat on earth

There's a move I didn't expect. A self-contained row of ACB "modules" with CV I/O would be pretty damn cool. I just mocked up something similar in another thread, and now this.
Old 29th March 2015
Gear Addict

Damm not on Facebook ,
Old 29th March 2015
Gear Guru

I wonder if it's just a plug out module/rack version that will allow users to hook up their own keyboard and plug outs will be their poly range like Jupiter 4 etc...
Old 29th March 2015
no idea what it does but I bet it looks a bit like this when paired with the System-1

Old 29th March 2015
Gear Addict

Better start saving
Old 29th March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldred411 View Post
Better start saving
no kidding... beyond just a System-1 expansion, this was interfaced with a Euro system. I've been actively avoiding Euro since the first Doepfers, using my Nord Modular to get that fix but thankful that it was a closed system ...I always knew that it was really only a matter of time.

and my marriage is so good... I suppose she should get to keep the house and cats.
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

It's a bit early for April Fools, don't you think? Just in case, I'm glad that the synth fund coffers are full right now. This could be interesting.

Cue the haters in 3...2...
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

Oh YEAH. Guess we'll have more details at Messe, can't wait

Earlier I was wondering why they were sharing pictures of people gathered at the "Aira House", this is seems to be the answer.
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

I thought that I heard rumors that AIRA will be including modular as well before they even released their first product. I am not too surprised and I am very confident that this information is true.
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 165099 View Post
no idea what it does but I bet it looks a bit like this when paired with the System-1

gorgeous
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

[heavy breathing]
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

[heavy breathing]
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

[heavy breathing]
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

[heavy breathing intensifies]
Old 29th March 2015
huh... the "Upcoming Big Announcement" thread on the Roland AIRA Crew FB page has been deleted.

I hope that this isn't getting anyone in trouble over this unintended leak.

first the JD-XA and now this...

Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffor View Post
I thought that I heard rumors that AIRA will be including modular as well before they even released their first product. I am not too surprised and I am very confident that this information is true.
I heard the same rumours from people in the know, that an Aira System 100 was going to happen. Curious to see how this turns out, the original sounded glorious.
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

This is a long shot but maybe some of the things you saw but couldn't snatch are still in your cache somewhere.
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

Did not see this coming.
Old 29th March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
This is a long shot but maybe some of the things you saw but couldn't snatch are still in your cache somewhere.
any idea how I'd find that on Safari? initial web searches aren't being helpful other than suggesting a third party program. in my Library~Caches folder there is nothing for Safari.
Old 29th March 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
any idea how I'd find that on Safari? initial web searches aren't being helpful other than suggesting a third party program. in my Library~Caches folder there is nothing for Safari.
Been a while since I used OSX but they couldn't be hidden could they?
Old 29th March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by itege View Post
Been a while since I used OSX but they couldn't be hidden could they?
one forum post said they were and provided the Unix path which apparently has since changed.

oh well... there was one moneyshot though. ugh.

I could kick myself. at first I just glanced over it but then I noticed that the large glowing-green panel wasn't attached to a keyboard and it wasn't a System-1, then I noticed the patch-points and just as I clicked the closeup I got the Facebook error stating that the media no longer existed.
Old 29th March 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
one forum post said they were and provided the Unix path which apparently has since changed.
If you have the path to where you think they should be, you should be able to type
ls -a <insert that path here>
into terminal and see everything there.
Old 29th March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by itege View Post
If you have the path to where you think they should be, you should be able to type
ls -a <insert that path here>
into terminal and see everything there.
no such file or directory.
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

Sorry, I don't know how it works for Safari.

Anyway, curious to see if/how that'll interface with the System-1 and/or a computer.

Also, if Roland is getting into that game...maybe other big names will. Fun times
Old 29th March 2015
Gear Addict

You know, even if this is digital, if it has the right amount of patch-ability and module set, it could kind of function as a poor man's buchla, if the knob settings can be saved to presets.
Old 29th March 2015
well. that was some unexpected fun for the evening... after sobering up from the excitement overdose I started feeling some regret for sharing photos which it seemed did not yet want to be shared so out of respect I've taken them down.

but oh my ****ing god am I excited about this!
Old 29th March 2015
Im guessing this was not leaked by James Jeffereys...

Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

its in google cache, its also on imgur, cat's out of the bag insofar as the pics op posted
Old 29th March 2015
Gear Addict

Haven't they done stuff like this before? Honestly they probably know it will build hype and they do it on purpose.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search