The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer DeepMind 12
Old 20th June 2016
Gear Addict

Verycurious if we see anything at namm! in 3 days
Old 20th June 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsound View Post
Verycurious if we see anything at namm! in 3 days
Here is a quote from Uli Behringer in another thread on GS. Posted yesterday

"As a passionate musician myself, I always wanted to design another synthesizer ever since. Around 3 years ago I sat down with our brilliant Midas engineers and we came up with an incredible concept for a new synthesizer that is so revolutionary, that it will be a world’s first in at least 4 major aspects.
We will soon be making the first announcements and hopefully ship the synthesizer later this year.

If I could nominate one product, then it is this new synthesizer, a truly amazing instrument that is very close to my heart. I am extremely proud of the Midas engineers who put their heart and soul into it. "

Uli

I for one am excited to see what they have in store for us
Old 20th June 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone View Post

"As a passionate musician myself, I always wanted to design another synthesizer ever since. Around 3 years ago I sat down with our brilliant Midas engineers and we came up with an incredible concept for a new synthesizer that is so revolutionary, that it will be a world’s first in at least 4 major aspects.
We will soon be making the first announcements and hopefully ship the synthesizer later this year.

If I could nominate one product, then it is this new synthesizer, a truly amazing instrument that is very close to my heart. I am extremely proud of the Midas engineers who put their heart and soul into it. "

Uli

I for one am excited to see what they have in store for us
Cool sounds very good! maybe some hybrid synth or something?
Old 20th June 2016
Lives for gear

"[...]so revolutionary, that it will be a world’s first in at least 4 major aspects. "

Oh yeah, big talk, that's what I want to hear.

Sound generation? Playability? Interface? How it connects with the world? Marketed in a new way? Presets that everyone agrees are good?

Can't wait for Deep Mind (assuming that really is the name)
Old 20th June 2016
Gear Addict

Old 20th June 2016
Lives for gear

Old 20th June 2016
Lives for gear

Lemme fix that quote for you:

Quote:

"As a passionate musician myself, I always wanted to copy another synthesizer ever since. Around 3 years ago I sat down with our brilliant Midas engineers and we came up with an incredible concept to copy an existing synthesizer that is so revolutionary, that it will be a world’s first copy in at least 4 major aspects.

If I could nominate one product, then it is this new cheaper build synthesizer, a truly amazing instrument that is very close to existing synthesizers on the market today. I am extremely proud of the Midas engineers who put their heart and soul into it. "

Uli
Old 20th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Link?
Old 20th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by memristor View Post
Link?
Here.
Old 20th June 2016
Gear Nut

they sound as confident as Arturia's hype videos. If they are 70% truthful, this sounds quite interesting....
Old 21st June 2016
Gear Addict

Not at summer NAMM :( or suprise perhaps

Thanks for reaching out to us. We will not be at summer NAMM this year. However, stay posted with us here on Facebook for the latest news and updates. We definitely appreciate your support in our products. Thanks!
Old 22nd June 2016
Lives for gear

C'mon! Another tease!
Old 1st July 2016
Lives for gear

Old 1st July 2016
Lives for gear

"a instrument that is very close to existing synthesizers on the market today" (Uli)

Amazing!

(errm,...maybe Uli told us in this very moment the main design concept of his company)
Old 1st July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looping Loddar View Post
"a instrument that is very close to existing synthesizers on the market today" (Uli)

Amazing!

(errm,...maybe Uli told us in this very moment the main design concept of his company)
You do realize you're not quoting Uli, but a parody of what Uli said, right?
Old 6th July 2016
Behringer facebook:
"Breaking News.
It’s analog - not digital. It’s discrete - not modeling. And it sounds amazing!
More tomorrow..."
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

As if I needed more distractions
Old 7th July 2016
PES
Lives for gear

Discrete vs modelling, page 379

"It's discrete - not modelling"

What happened to IC's?
Old 7th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by PES View Post
"It's discrete - not modelling"

What happened to the IC's in between?
I think they used the word discrete to distinguish analog from digital.
I really doubt that it's a discrete design.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastafari View Post
I think they used the word discrete to distinguish analog from digital.
I've never seen the word discrete used that way. In the context of electronic circuit design, discrete refers to each component being a separate, or discrete, element. In an integrated circuit, components are printed together into a single chip.

The function of the electronic circuit (digital or analog) is not directly tied to the construction method (discrete or integrated) of the components.
Old 7th July 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooftree View Post
I've never seen the word discrete used that way. In the context of electronic circuit design, discrete refers to each component being a separate, or discrete, element. In an integrated circuit, components are printed together into a single chip.

The function of the electronic circuit (digital or analog) is not directly tied to the construction method (discrete or integrated) of the components.
I know, and it does not make a lot of sense to compare "discrete" and "analog modelling", doesn't it?
I guess the guys at Behringers marketing department just got a little confused..
Old 7th July 2016
DGL
Gear Maniac
More than likely will be chip based as they have their own chip design company coolaudio and have recently designed ADAT chips for the ADA8200 and new DAC's for the high end stuff (the Midas M8000), although who knows.

Also mabey they found a way to do motorised pots cheap enough to use them in the product so you could have notmal pot's but with out the problems of patch storage/recall that usually come with them.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

If I'm not mistaken discreet can be used for both to describe general electronics (surface-mounted discreet component circuitry in all modern analogs for example) or components themselves (discreet filter or VCO meaning not integrated on a chip). If so the term is correctly used in contrast to analog modeling.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

U would have thought Behringer have been sniffing about those CEM 3340's? Would make life easier for them im sure
Old 7th July 2016
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Whatever it is, i think i'll buy it. Because i know this product involves a lot of passion from mr. Uli himself. I doubt he would make it garbage. I am really curious to see what he came up with and how does it sound.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Attached Thumbnails
Behringer DeepMind 12-bsynth_firstlook.jpg  
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Seems as if it really does sound like older roland after all !

Last edited by wendell r.; 9th July 2016 at 10:46 PM..
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Another teaser. Just show us the product already!

Well, based on what we can see it's an all-fader + buttons interface (or nearly all controls) similar to the Junos. Perhaps not an original design choice but I'm sure many would agree this promotes easy programming. Very, very interested in this product but someone needs a slap in the advertising dept.
Old 7th July 2016
Lives for gear

Can't help but say this: that teaser feels a bit...no, a lot like the Reface ones
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search