The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer DeepMind 12
Old 8th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggingForRoots View Post
That's just to catch up with the pre orders...
We aren't able to pre-order it here in Australia.

So, it looks like we'll be months into 2017 before we get to see one.
Old 9th November 2016
Lives for gear
Actually glad it will be after NAMM.
Old 9th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggingForRoots View Post
Several Hundred? That's nothing... So if im a customer wanting to buy this synth without a pre order im probably looking at mid 2017
Well tbf you don't know if several hundred are rolling off each day and these are the first
Old 9th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzee View Post
Australia?
Just confirmed it mate

Old 9th November 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
Well tbf you don't know if several hundred are rolling off each day and these are the first

yeah, he does say they will be ready to ship "in substantial quantities".
Old 9th November 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
I am pleased to share with you that we have just successfully produced several hundred DeepMind 12 units. While there is always a risk for delay, we are currently on track to ship substantial quantities towards the end of the year.

Please note that approximately 6 weeks have to be added for container shipments to reach Europe or the US. Also, as mentioned earlier, it will take several months to fill the huge backorders we have on hand.

Thanks for your patience and continuous support.

Uli

Thanks for the update Uli! Great news indeed.
Old 9th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzee View Post
I've got Diva and Monark - both are really good - but just not as good as the real thing IMO.
You've probably saw Diva VS OB8 tests and looks like "not as good as the real thing IMO" is prejudice rather than any concern about sound.
Old 9th November 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
I am pleased to share with you that we have just successfully produced several hundred DeepMind 12 units. While there is always a risk for delay, we are currently on track to ship substantial quantities towards the end of the year.

Please note that approximately 6 weeks have to be added for container shipments to reach Europe or the US. Also, as mentioned earlier, it will take several months to fill the huge backorders we have on hand.

Thanks for your patience and continuous support.

Uli
That's fantastic to hear! I wish you great success with this synth. But... I sincerely hope that you continue to develop (and eventually release) the desktop verson of the DM12 (for those of us that with "space constraints"). I can already see one of these sitting right in front of me: Cheers!
Old 10th November 2016
Lives for gear

Since the desktop module does not seem like it's going to be rushed to market ... I would recommend perhaps making a few improvements to the synth architecture and doing something to beef up the wave choices on the second oscillator ... Even at the risk of fewer voices ...
Old 10th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diametro View Post
Since the desktop module does not seem like it's going to be rushed to market ... I would recommend perhaps making a few improvements to the synth architecture and doing something to beef up the wave choices on the second oscillator ... Even at the risk of fewer voices ...
Multitimbrality...
Old 10th November 2016
Lives for gear

Yes ... A simple split and layer feature similar to Jupiter-8 I think would be sufficient ...
Old 10th November 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
Multitimbrality...
Minimally 4 part, 6 part would be even better.
Old 10th November 2016
Lives for gear

People actually think that these will be shipping in 2017 ????
Go find an XTouch thread, just look how long it takes Behringer to bring something to market that had a lot of interest.
They announce so early it is ridiculous, not as ridiculous as the people who believe "Yes we are involved in this design" because it is announced two years before release on some forum haha
Old 10th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Go find an XTouch thread, just look how long it takes Behringer to bring something to market that had a lot of interest.
They announce so early it is ridiculous, not as ridiculous as the people who believe "Yes we are involved in this design" because it is announced two years before release on some forum haha
You've expressed your negativity about Behringer continuously in this thread,
So yes: You have been noticed, but I don't see a need to keep repeating yourself again and again?

For your age (as you claimed to be older than a teenager earlier) you behave like a 5 year old unpatient & unhappy boy
Old 10th November 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
1. Interest in Xtouch was small compared to DeepMind
2. DeepMind has top management attention

I agree that past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. But the last time I remember Uli being active here was the X32 and I don't think there where huge delays in that. Also, you can't deny Behringer managed to ramp up manufacturing volume for X32.
Old 10th November 2016
Here for the gear

Doomsday prophets are not known for apologies when events prove them wrong in their predictions...this thread is full of examples!

Old 10th November 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedberg View Post
1. Interest in Xtouch was small compared to DeepMind
2. DeepMind has top management attention

I agree that past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. But the last time I remember Uli being active here was the X32 and I don't think there where huge delays in that. Also, you can't deny Behringer managed to ramp up manufacturing volume for X32.
Watch out! ULi could be watching... Dibt say anything bad or you will never get a deepmind

I did see him post here a few weeks ago about a drum machine that they are working on
Old 11th November 2016
I'm jumping into the party here! I've been tempted to drop my dough on an ob6 and I am shocked to say I almost prefer the deep mind from demos I've heard.
Old 11th November 2016
Gear Maniac

I like to share with you the prototype of the DeepMind12 desktop version.

While this is a working sample, we have not yet decided if we will actually put it in production. In order to achieve an attractive sales price that is below the keyboard version, we would require substantial production volume.

Perhaps you could share with us what your level of interest is if the product would be available at around US$ 899.

Thanks

Uli
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer DeepMind 12-dm12d.jpg  
Old 11th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by idm0r View Post
<Deleted by Moderator>
No they haven't, the first units rolled off the line, and the developer himself said they would take 6 weeks to arrive.

Oh and by the way, maybe it was unclear, but i was talking about the desktop version, it is pretty obvious that the keys will be shipping in the next few months FFS

@uli
If you can get the UK price down a bit (We are in economic hell over here right now) then i definitely have an interest in the desktop version, not so interested in the keys (Lack of space)

Last edited by Synth Guru; 11th November 2016 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: Off Topic
Old 11th November 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:

While this is a working sample, we have not yet decided if we will actually put it in production. In order to achieve an attractive sales price that is below the keyboard version, we would require substantial production volume.

Perhaps you could share with us what your level of interest is if the product would be available at around US$ 899.

Thanks

Uli
Sounds good to me!!!
Old 11th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks

Uli
I will buy it in a heartbeat!
Old 11th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zawinul View Post
Sounds good to me!!!
+1

A desktop version would be very much appreciated, it wins for ergonomics over racks every day
Old 11th November 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:

Thanks

Uli
Ooooh! Nice!
Old 11th November 2016
I love the look of the desktop! Very interested.
Old 11th November 2016
Lives for gear

I could see that sneaking into my setup ... or even giving something else the boot (I'm looking at you JP-08s) ...
Old 11th November 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks

Uli
I would definitely buy the desktop, wouldn't buy the keyboard.
Old 11th November 2016
Lives for gear

Also does losing the wifi connectivity gain you anything in terms of price point? cuz I could see dropping that for the desktop version. Prolly doesn't work that way.
Old 11th November 2016
Lives for gear

Boom!!!
Looks sooo nice, i'd go for both to layer.
Thanks for the pic Uli.
Old 11th November 2016
Gear Head

This would be very interesting to say the least...
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search