The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AIRA TB3 Tips and tricks
Old 13th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill T. Azell View Post
Not sure if there is a better way but here's what I did. Completely blank out a pattern ( say 1-1) then export to your computer, copy and rename it to each pattern name (64 times)then reimport it.
It's a bit of effort the first time but a breeze every time after that. Hope that helps
Any chance of sharing the files ?
Thanks
Old 13th March 2016
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbom View Post
Any chance of sharing the files ?
Thanks

Not a problem at all
Attached Files
File Type: zip BACKUP- blank.zip (22.1 KB, 183 views)
Old 14th March 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
Sorry about the double thread- i got so confused that i forgot that i asked this already...
Thanks for the above info, but still not helping me at all...

What am I not getting about the architecture of this machine???

I make a pattern and how do i save it in a slot in the preset banks???

Someone please SIMPLY explain.

Because my assumption would be to then hit PTN Select and press and hold a slot I would like to save it???
But that obviously doesn't work. Though would that be great! They for playback you would just select the patterns you want!!!

When I do that (hit PTN Select) one of the 8 red lights and the far right green light flash and 1-2 is on the screen indicating Bank One slot 2, right?
If I want to save to that spot??? How? To another spot? how???

Also every time I do this it for some reason puts me into U01 and no sound plays at all...
Years ago, I had the Roland mc505 which is a clumsy ancestor, also, of the tr8/rb3, and saving a pattern was a sinch on it.
Instinctive in fact.
You simply pressed record, did your required pattern, pressed stop, then pressed "user" above, and turned a know till u foind and empty slot, or or set it to o e that it would overwrite.

I too am getting REALLY frustrated at trying to simply durably save a pattern on both tr8 and tb3.
What a handicap.
It is one of THE MOST OBVIOUS things any one NEEDS to be able to do, and it seems almost hidden from plain view!

If someone, ANYONE, or Roland doesn't give me a simple explanation I will have no choice but to sell it on as it won't do me any good for this summer and beyond in the slightest.
Old 14th March 2016
RiF
Lives for gear

On both the TR-8 and the TB-3 you simply select the pattern *BEFORE* recording. Everything you record or step-rec into it is then saved automatically to that selected pattern.
Old 21st March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORT View Post
is a "live" or "song" mode. You can copy your favorite patterns to user bank and chain them to make a song or for live use.
How? I saved a patter to U1. But when I go to pattern select I can't get the User banks. Only goes from 1-1 to 8-8?
Old 2nd April 2017
Lives for gear

seems odd but i tried the blank pattern file and it didnt change anything , i copied them into both folders on the tb3
been trying various editors too, i get things updating on mac , but if i change parameters on mac, nothing changes on tb.

maybe i should stick with my avalon.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search