The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland Integra 7 Users ... How do you like it ?
Old 16th January 2017
  #121
Lives for gear
 
mike vee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gear_up View Post
We're a bit spoiled these days though - the quality of plugin reverbs is off-the-charts good, including the convolution reverbs bundled with popular sequencers.

Not to mention that the plugins from Valhalla or Lexicon are super affordable.

So I'm guessing that it's surprising for a lot of folks to switch on a powerful professional instrument only to find that its reverb is worse than a $75 plugin.
i doubt most of those people have the knowledge or ears to tell the difference
Old 16th January 2017
  #122
Lives for gear
 
synthguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gear_up View Post
I'm guessing that it's surprising for a lot of folks to switch on a powerful professional instrument only to find that its reverb is worse than a $75 plugin.
And people ignore the fact that the computers hosting those plugins have tons more ram and processing power.

I wish every keyboard had reverbs as good as those in the Motif, but the quality of a verb in a synth isn't nearly as good as that. When most synths are roughly on par with the Integra, it's rather silly to single it out and ignore a really potent, good sounding instrument.
Old 16th January 2017
  #123
Here for the gear
 

This is a forum discussing about integra's reverb is "not as good quality as it should be. Which means, I often need to use other reverbs to improve the spacial quality"... from this forum : https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...28886&start=15

Some players even have to use yamaha moxf reverb (from integra line out goes into moxf audio in).

There is also discussion about reverb problem : Roland Clan Forums • View topic - Integra 7 Problems? (Thinking about buying it...)

Another guy posted he is having reverb problem with his integra, this is his post on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLLhd2yyawE

Basically it is said that integra 7 reverb doesn't give good spatial and depth.

Actually i really like the sound quality of the integra, but those discussion about integra 7 make me a bit worried.
Old 17th January 2017
  #124
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulus1971 View Post
This is a forum discussing about integra's reverb is "not as good quality as it should be. Which means, I often need to use other reverbs to improve the spacial quality"... from this forum : https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...28886&start=15

Some players even have to use yamaha moxf reverb (from integra line out goes into moxf audio in).

There is also discussion about reverb problem : Roland Clan Forums • View topic - Integra 7 Problems? (Thinking about buying it...)

Another guy posted he is having reverb problem with his integra, this is his post on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLLhd2yyawE

Basically it is said that integra 7 reverb doesn't give good spatial and depth.

Actually i really like the sound quality of the integra, but those discussion about integra 7 make me a bit worried.
Did you actually read/listened to those links? In the video the guy is just showing a problem when you put 3 reverb 100 wet at the same time, it looks like a bug (and it seems like a guy found a way to avoid it) the guy doesnt talk about a bad reverb.
In the forums links , they are doing exactly what we are doing here...
Basically some guys complaining about the reverb not being a eventide blackhole. It's a digital reverb, not a convolution reverb. It does its job of vanilla reverb perfectly.
Those who are so particular about reverb will run it into a desk with reverbs/special effects on outputs anyway.
Old 11th April 2017
  #125
Gear Maniac
 
Shadowkast's Avatar
Does anyone use Integra and V synth together? I thought about stacking them in a rack together and feeding a V synth XT with sound after sound from the Integra and perhaps an FS1R and just mangling the sounds to hell but am not sure how practical this would be.
Old 11th April 2017
  #126
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
Does anyone use Integra and V synth together? I thought about stacking them in a rack together and feeding a V synth XT with sound after sound from the Integra and perhaps an FS1R and just mangling the sounds to hell but am not sure how practical this would be.
Practical?? This is Gearslutz. <gloat>I have all 3. </gloat> Those 3 as your main lineup would pretty much be able to do it all. Having said that I would add a K5000 for pads and weirdness and you're there.
Old 11th April 2017
  #127
Lives for gear
 
Goa-Dubs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixelsyd View Post
and you're there.
Where?
Old 11th April 2017
  #128
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
Where?
Here
Old 11th April 2017
  #129
Gear Guru
FWIW - I love my Integra for what it is. The reverb isn't great - but for me, neither are most of the sounds 'finished' ... so why would I want to put a reverb on until i've processed them externally anyway?

By that I mean I view my Integra as a raw instrument sound generator - ready to be played and shaped. In particular i'm think of the Supernatural electric pianos and the clonewheel organ generator ... they really need to be shaped with analog amps sims and rotary speaker sims etc (idealy a real Leslie) and then they reveal themselves to be absolutely awesome instruments. Right out of the box, with or without the built in FX, they sound plastic and lame (in my opinion). But so do real instruments if you go DI ... that's what I love about the Integra - it's a real instrument.

Sure - you can use it without external FX - and for live purposes the FX are good enough. There are so many sounds in there that it's impossible to generalize like this - there are plenty of sounds that can be used just as is. But it does not worry me that I don't like it's reverb.
Old 13th April 2017
  #130
Lives for gear
 
manalishi's Avatar
I'm new to the Integra (it's just displaced an old Triton rack), and I have a question about the front-panel USB socket: it's labelled as "USB memory". So I thought it was strictly for USB sticks and storing your own patches/etc.

But then I found that there are wifi dongles for it - https://www.roland.com/uk/products/wna1100-rl/ That's fine, but not very useful to me. But I'm hoping that it could also accept class-compliant USB keyboards/controllers. Anyone heard anything on that?
Old 14th April 2017
  #131
Lives for gear
 
choond's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by manalishi View Post

But then I found that there are wifi dongles for it - https://www.roland.com/uk/products/wna1100-rl/ That's fine, but not very useful to me. But I'm hoping that it could also accept class-compliant USB keyboards/controllers. Anyone heard anything on that?
I haven't heard anything. I would expect no, it seems to be for wirelessly accessing the editor app.
Old 14th April 2017
  #132
Lives for gear
 
manalishi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by choond View Post
I haven't heard anything. I would expect no, it seems to be for wirelessly accessing the editor app.
That's sort of what I mean - a new interface was added after Roland initially put "USB memory" on the front panel. And it should be possible to handle MIDI controller data volumes. (In some applications on that Roland widget's page, there's audio data flowing over the connection.)

It would just make things a bit easier for me plugging in other controllers ad hoc. Maybe they will add it later. Fingers are crossed...
Old 14th April 2017
  #133
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
That's sort of what I mean - a new interface was added after Roland initially put "USB memory" on the front panel. .
The front-panel USB port is for storing & loading patches, the rear-panel USB port is a MIDI+audio interface to connect with your PC.

You can just use the MIDI IN on the back panel to connect to your controller.

I agree it's odd for them to design it this way. Maybe they assumed that everyone has still a controller w/ a MIDI out?

Probably a safe assumption for the professional market, but not 100% sure....
Old 15th April 2017
  #134
Lives for gear
 
manalishi's Avatar
Just encountered the reverb issue (mentioned above) for the first time today. It does seem very strange that Roland got it wrong on the Supernatural voices.

FWIW, I'm sure even the JD-Xi goes wetter, but I'm on holiday for a week and it's at work, so I can't check. Maybe the JP-50/80 have limited reverb sends like the I7?
Old 17th April 2017
  #135
Gear Addict
 
rotundness's Avatar
 

Just placed my order. Sweetwater is out of stock at the moment but my sales agent assured me they are getting more in tomorrow. So I should have it by Thursday at the latest. Can't wait to get my hands on this monster.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 
 
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump