The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland Integra 7 Users ... How do you like it ?
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Oh.. and I forgot to ask, Anyone using the newly released Windows version of the Integra 7 (VST Editor) ?

Any feedback on this would be very valuable, since I don't see myself using the Integra 7 without a solid Windows based VST editor.

i.e. Is it stable, offers access to everything you can edit from the front panel, ...etc. ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Mastering View Post
The Integra is just great, all ROLAND legacy in 1 box. + All the Supernaturals.
People who don't like it, didn't know what they were getting into. But when you live and breath ROLAND JV for 25 years this unit is a godsend.
sounds so much better than al those ITB romplers /GM modules
Hi Analogue Mastering,

Thanks for the positive feedback regarding the Integra 7.

I feel better about buying one, the more positive feedback I get. Oh.. and more GAS is building up

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp View Post
Hi nickknack,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you are enjoying your Jupiter 80. It is a great sounding synth. But.. I'm more interested in the Integra 7.

Have you checked or compared the Jupiter 80 to the Integra 7 from a purely sonic perspective ? Do you think the Integra 7 resembles the Jupiter 80 sonically ? ... any feedback you wish to contribute about this would be helpful.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

The supernatural part is the same, thats why he's commenting.
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh.. and I forgot to ask, Anyone using the newly released Windows version of the Integra 7 (VST Editor) ?

Any feedback on this would be very valuable, since I don't see myself using the Integra 7 without a solid Windows based VST editor.

i.e. Is it stable, offers access to everything you can edit from the front panel, ...etc. ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
VST3 only by the looks of it. I'd almost become interested in getting one of these until I read that.

Quote:
System Requirements

Operating System
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 8.1 64-bit Edition
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 8 64-bit Edition
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7 64-bit Edition ( Service Pack 1 or later )

Supported Formats
VST3

Compatible Host Applications
The following host applications have been verified to work properly with the plug-in version INTEGRA-7 Editor Ver.2 for Windows.

Steinberg - Cubase 7.5 ( 64-bit )
Cakewalk - SONAR X3 ( 64-bit )
Old 16th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryfell View Post
VST3 only by the looks of it. I'd almost become interested in getting on of these until I read that.
Many of us would like an AU version for our Mac-based DAWs.

This does nothing to make me want to switch to PC/Sonar. It just makes me less inclined to buy an Integra.

Even more amazing is the the lack of any kind of complete editor/librarian for the Jupiter-80/50.

Sheesh.
Old 16th July 2014
Quote:
Have you checked or compared the Jupiter 80 to the Integra 7 from a purely sonic perspective ? Do you think the Integra 7 resembles the Jupiter 80 sonically ? ... any feedback you wish to contribute about this would be helpful.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
It is my understanding that the Supernatural Synth and Acoustic portions of the Jupiter-80/50 and the Integra are nearly identical, but the Integra has more Acoustic sounds than the Jupiter.

There are, however, differences in the patch architecture between the Jupiters and the Integra, including the effects routing capabilities.
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keybdwizrd View Post
Many of us would like an AU version for our Mac-based DAWs.

This does nothing to make me want to switch to PC/Sonar. It just makes me less inclined to buy an Integra.

Even more amazing is the the lack of any kind of complete editor/librarian for the Jupiter-80/50.

Sheesh.
There is an AU Mac version of the V2 editor.

INTEGRA-7 Editor Ver.2.0.0 for... :: INTEGRA-7 :: Downloads :: Support :: Roland
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks,
Muziksculp
I use the Windows version in Cubase. It's great. Very stable and does EVERYTHING the Integra does. You can edit every paramater of everything, supernatural, PCM tones, efftcs, EQs, midi splits, everything. If you are really interested in an Integra and want specifics, go read all the threads on Roland Clan about it. Lot's of posts about the new editor and all that stuff. Botom line, it works perfectly after a VERY VERY minor java tweak. There is a small problem with the expansion card part of the editor but it takes about 3 seconds to fix - someone on Roland Clan figured it out and I did it and it worked. Other than that the editor was flawless since day one. It's good you are on a PC because I do not see roland updating the editor that often. The PC one will work for ten years, MAc guys will be lucky to get one year out of it because all those OS updates are always breaking software. The first version of the MAc editor was incompatible with Cubase as soon as 7.5 came out which was less than a year. Windows VST will always be a standard and always work well and be nice and compatible, espicially with Cubase. (I HATE MAC!)
Old 16th July 2014
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

version 1 was iPad and Mac only and it was lame - very limited

there was also a motion surround editor (who cares) for windows

Now there is Version 2 for Mac and Windows which can be considered a real editor
Old 16th July 2014
How is the supernatural synth engine insode the integra 7, is it the same as the jup 80 and 50? how do you like it, is it as good as the jp 8080?
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

I really, really like it. I think it's better than the JP8080 (certainly much cleaner and bigger) and only with brief testing I think it's actually the same technology that they've been pumping up their whole AIRA line with. Same stuff, different box focused on a different market. I was playing with a System 1 at the store the other day and sounded and looked very much the same. The Integra is actually capable of more. I own a TR-8 and thats on the block now. Going to try and trade it locally first for other gear before taking it online.
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

I haven't gotten a chance to dig in to the integra, but can anyone tell me how to get separate instruments out to each output on the back of the integra? I'm talking stereo outs. I tried to do it the other day and couldn't figure it out. Don't have the manual and I'm away from home for a week.
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Hi,

I also find it interesting that the Integra 7 can output 24-bit @ 96 Khz Audio via its USB2 port. I didn't expect this. But it is cool and convenient to have this feature. Initially, I thought the USB2 port is only for midi.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Old 17th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallone View Post
I haven't gotten a chance to dig in to the integra, but can anyone tell me how to get separate instruments out to each output on the back of the integra? I'm talking stereo outs. I tried to do it the other day and couldn't figure it out. Don't have the manual and I'm away from home for a week.
The Integra-7 manual is available online here.

On page 32, there is mention made of an 'output assign' parameter for each of the parts.
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by keybdwizrd View Post
The Integra-7 manual is available online here.

On page 32, there is mention made of an 'output assign' parameter for each of the parts.
Thanks, but I don't have the internet where I'm staying.
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

On a less serious note,

I tried it via the Mac plugin and couldn't find it. If anyone knows how to do it on the plugin it would be great to hear from you.
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear
I guess I'll chime in...

I've had the I-7 since January of this year and I've used it on about 12 tracks. The drum kits are awesome! All the V-Drum kits in one box! Holly crap!!! Not to mention all the patches. I really don't do too much tweaking, I really use the I-7 as a rompler. I need a sound, I just look through on the iPad app, audition a few, and I usually find what I'm looking for pretty easily.

I have not tried the new editor...

I use the I-7 in the studio and in live situations. I have previously brought my I-7 to use for piano sounds while I brought a moog LP and a Juno 106 for synth duties. I love the fact that I can have all those sounds in a 2U rack unit. My I-7 is housed in a 4U Gator case which also has a MOTU Ultralight FW Interface. If I want to produce something and record high quality sounds, I can do this on the go. It's not THE MOST PORTABLE THING IN THE WORLD...but it's good enough. I take it to my friends house to work on tracks with him. He has mostly soft synths, and having this one hardware unit is awesome, since it covers so much ground.

I am very glad I bought the I-7, and I got it for $1500 brand new on a 12 month payment plan. Just look around the internet, you'll find good deals.
Old 17th July 2014
Gear nut
Quote:
Hi,

I also find it interesting that the Integra 7 can output 24-bit @ 96 Khz Audio via its USB2 port. I didn't expect this. But it is cool and convenient to have this feature. Initially, I thought the USB2 port is only for midi.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Oh, really? That I find VERY interesting and impressive.

Been looking into this thread because I'm considering selling my D-550 in favor of this. Thankfully, I won't lose much if I do so: evidently, Roland does have a downloadable soundset recreating the D-50. Are there any users of that?

Either way, I probably won't abandon the XV/JV line completely, though: for one, as said in another thread, I love the SR-JV80 01 Pop card, which is not represented in any of the SRX cards.
Old 17th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallone View Post
Thanks, but I don't have the internet where I'm staying.
I'm sorry - but I just have to ask - are you posting here by telepathy or something, then?

The manual basically says to press the PART VIEW button at the top of the screen twice. You then use the cursor to pick the item you want to edit. The OUTPUT ASSIGN parameter is inside the LEVEL tab. The description for this parameter says "Specifies for each part how the direct sound will be output." I am guessing this is what you want, but perhaps not. I do not have an Integra-7.
Old 17th July 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi,

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Can you select different sample rates. 44.1Khz and 48Khz Or is it fixed at 96Khz?
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsly View Post
Can you select different sample rates. 44.1Khz and 48Khz Or is it fixed at 96Khz?
yes

and also you can EASILY select the output for each part with the editor. It can do stereo pairs or mono individual output.
Old 17th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
I really, really like it. I think it's better than the JP8080 (certainly much cleaner and bigger) and only with brief testing I think it's actually the same technology that they've been pumping up their whole AIRA line with. Same stuff, different box focused on a different market. I was playing with a System 1 at the store the other day and sounded and looked very much the same. The Integra is actually capable of more. I own a TR-8 and thats on the block now. Going to try and trade it locally first for other gear before taking it online.
Can it do osc sync?
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Doesn't appear to on quick glance but it has everything else on the System 1's front panel and more although for the System 1 I'm sure some things are under the hood. Check the Integra 7 parameter guide for what it can do in the synth engine. Sync would be sick as you can put any sound of the Integra in as a partial and use it like an oscillator.

Weird, always assumed it was just there. Oh well. Maybe in a later update.
Old 17th July 2014
The jp8000 does my favorite strings, super saw strings... I heard good demos of this with epic strings, its why I am interested.

How are the converters on this unit? What quality? Apogee? Rme?

Bryan
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease Factory View Post
The jp8000 does my favorite strings, super saw strings... I heard good demos of this with epic strings, its why I am interested.

How are the converters on this unit? What quality? Apogee? Rme?

Bryan
they advertise the converters to be very high quality. I could do a test recording the same sounds into cubase with SPDIF and then analog, but that wont be perfect because there's also the sound of my rosetta 800 to consider. They sound great to me.

I saw that you are getting the P12 today too. Just imagine the Integra in the same rack. The Creme de la creme of today's synths. DO IT!
Old 17th July 2014
prophet 12 is like a ppg on roids. I love it, so much character no other synth has.. its not a nord, or a virus, or even like an old prophet..

I think i want the integra 7 as well, now i have a boomstar 4075, kronos 61, nord 4, slim phat, volca bass, micro x, trinity plus. gotta sell the trinity plus.

The kronos is kilelr for atmosphere, sucks at guitars and most other sounds, but for sound scapes and animated sounds it kills everything..

I see the integra like better at guitars, and strings and would compliment the kronos..
Old 18th July 2014
Man, I thought I had talked myself out of getting this thing, but this thread's making me want it again. I like having an easily-accessible GM/GS set around for sketching track ideas (have a couple of SoundCanvases which work fine for that), but it would be nice to have a hardware unit with ready-to-record sounds like the Integra rather than the cheesy/dated soundset of a typical GM module.

I am in the (incredibly long, drawn-out) process of unloading my older Roland rack synths. Will probably pick this up as a reward once they're gone.
Old 30th October 2015
Lives for gear

Yeah, I guess in a way this piece is unslutty (no keys, knobs etc) but if I really think about what the most USEFUL use of $1250 is right now, it has to be this.

I've always had a thing for the much sluttier JP80, just for the funky retro Jetsons organ buttons alone, but it's still an extra $1k and the feature set is a trade off w Integra 7.

Too bad Jupiter 80 doesn't have an easy access multi-timbral mode like the Integra "Studio Sets," but whatever, it makes it a more quirky luxury boutique piece.

JP80 seems to have settled comfortably around $2100 USD used and I imagine it's going to stay there for a few yrs.

I think what really has sealed it for me on the Integra though is the drum sounds, and the way they've made it possible to tweak the drums.

Roland is a very clean sound, but so ubiquitous and usable.
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

WOw, I really like romplers. This is probably the best rompler ever so far.

It sounds nice too.

Question, Integra 7 vs. Yamaha Motif XS?

I can get the Integra 7 for 940 now free shipping too.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search