Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Akai MPK 25 - G key not responding unless pressed hard
Old 21st July 2013
Lives for gear

Akai MPK 25 - G key not responding unless pressed hard

Purchased last week MPK-25 Swiss Edition, just after i plugged it into my Mac and tested all the keys I've noticed that G key on the right side of the keyboard does not send note unless I press it hard. This counts for all octaves.

Do I have a faulty unit? Could I fix it myself? Please help.

Old 22nd July 2013
Lives for gear

Old 23rd August 2013
Gear interested

Possible fix

Old 24th August 2013
Gear addict

Originally Posted by blutuu View Post
Hey I was looking for a fix as I have the same problem. I found this video and it seems promising. I haven't tried it yet, but I figured it's a start.

How to repair a midi keyboard (Edirol PCR-80) - YouTube
You can take it to a music shop and get it fixed. It cost my Virus 30,000 won ($30) to fix a key with the same problem. It took him 30 minutes to fix my keyboard. And I sold an Axiom 25 for 10,000 or 20,000 won ($10 or $20) because it had two keys that didn't work. I told the buyer where they could go to get it fix and that I was going to throw it away if nobody wanted to buy it (it was given to me for free.) I let her talk me down in price because she wasn't sure how much repairs would cost.

If repairs are too much, just buy a new one. Most shops will charge you $30 to $40 just to check it out and see if they can fix it. The $30 or $40 gets credited to the repair costs and if you decide not to get it fixed then it pays for their labor.
Old 24th August 2013
Gear interested

I just tried what the video suggested and it worked like a charm. It wasn't hard to do at all either. It all depends on if you're afraid to open things or not. That's no problem for me so I went for it. If you aren't worried about opening it up, give this a shot as it will save you money.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search