The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looping devices with foot controller option
Old 21st June 2013
Gear Nut

Looping devices with foot controller option

I just purchased the Korg Wavedrum Global Edition and found out I need a looping device so I can use it playing loops together with my drumkit.
I will also use it to record vocals and synths etc.

I was really interested in the Boss rc-300, but found out about the rc-505.
The problem with the rc-505 (love the faders and 5 channels), as far as I understand, is that you can not arm a sample track for recording with the a midicontroller as for instance Behringer's
FC 1010. You have to go through the menu. I also got a Kaoss Pad 3, but it is not possible to record samples through midi.

For me it is important that I have a looper that I can arm and record with without using my hands at all.

Does anyone know about a solution for this?
Old 21st June 2013
Lives for gear
Most looper pedals are made for hands-free recording. Just stomp on a pedal to record and stomp again to stop recording. You can usually set them up to record in either of two ways: 1) arm it so it will begin recording the moment you start playing, 2) recording begins immediately when you step on the pedal.

The Boss RC-20XL and Digitech Jamman Stereo both function this way. I'd assume that all other Boss floor looper pedals do the same. Have you checked to see if Boss offers a recording trigger footswitch for their new desktop looper?
Old 21st June 2013
Gear Nut

Thank you for the tips.
I know about those controller and they are of course great options.

It seems like the RC-505 is more up my alley.
But I can not use it without a fully working foot controller.

Just sent a mail to the Boss support regarding RC-505 and foot controllers.
Old 24th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisjr View Post
Thank you for the tips.
I know about those controller and they are of course great options.

It seems like the RC-505 is more up my alley.
But I can not use it without a fully working foot controller.

Just sent a mail to the Boss support regarding RC-505 and foot controllers.
You can download the manual for the RC-505 from the Roland US site. I was interested in this product also so I have been taking a look at it. Like many Roland manuals it kind of sucks. Reading the manual, it looks like you have the choice of using an expression pedal or 2 foot switches for an assignable control. This seems weird since there are 5 real time loopable tracks yet only up to 2 foot switch controls. I don't get this and I don't understand why there wasn't a separate set of jacks for a control pedal and up to 5 foot switches.
Old 22nd May 2015
Gear interested

I've sent an email to boss support, they told me that it's possible to connect the FC 1010 but for the setup (programming) I have to find out by myself, is like a russian roulette, as you can see very helpful support thanks Boss!
Implementation chart does boss knows what it is? not!

Don't get me wrong is a great machine working really well as a table looper is great but then is missing the possibility to remote by foot!

Regards
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search