The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Trouble with VST recognition
Old 12th May 2013
Gear interested

Trouble with VST recognition

Hi Guys-

I have recently downloaded a demo version of Sylenth1, the installation proceeded successfully and I check my Mac HD drive and in the Audio > Plug-Ins > VST (and Component) folders I see the respective .vst and .component files. However, Logic Pro 9 does not seem to allow me to access it, neither does Ableton (or any DAW for that matter). In Logic Pro I did check my audio unit manager and the demo is there and is validated though.

Any help in getting the DAW to recognize would be great. I should mention that I AM running the DAW in 32-bit mode. and OSX version is 10.6.8.

Old 12th May 2013
Gear interested

Maybe I am missing something super simple? Running in both 32 and 64 bit doesn't change anything. I have downloaded VST's for effects as opposed to instruments and I can see them... Sylenth1/Nexus/etc don't show however
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search