A New Kind of Hi-Fi
Old 26th March 2013
Gear nut

A New Kind of Hi-Fi

Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

not to be Negative Nancy, but I didn't hear anything new or special here. and the mix was unimpressive in a couple spots. Can you point to a specific time loctaion and describe what you were hearing? I mean anything more than crisp sheen which simply means a clean, clear mix.
Old 26th March 2013
Gear Head

yeah, sorry, I have to agree, this doesn't sound like anything other than a high quality recording of high quality sources - not hearing a "new crisp sheen to the audio table" here
Old 26th March 2013
VST
Lives for gear

No, just regular hi-fi. Seems these guys are pretty damn good at it though. I remember hearing 'Music sounds better with you" and thinking the same thing, in fact there are several artists that have a certain something about their recordings. Even artists (and sometimes especially) from the 70's have that depth and sheen.

It's just good gear and know how.
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

and lack of "Over production". sometimes 3 instruments and a vocal makes a great song.

just because we HAVE 192 tracks and every colored kitchen sink available to us does not mean we have to use it.
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

i've never been into daft punk, but phoenix's last album had exceptionally pristine quality production/mixing. i don't hear anything new here. stoked there's a new phoenix record coming out though.. that's also a very bizarre video.
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

I personally think it's a completely new sound that is totally unrelated to anything that has come before. They must have access to aliens from the future. No material explanation can suffice.
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

That daft punk song sounds sweet. The other song, not even sure if thats a real song...looked like some snl skit or something lol
Topic:

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search