The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Yamaha DX7 Sound Banks?
Old 21st February 2013
Gear Maniac

Yamaha DX7 Sound Banks?

Is there any good Sound Banks out there for Yamaha DX7? Not too into FM programming
Old 21st February 2013
Gear Guru

Attached Files
File Type: zip hypra-rom-all.zip (129.1 KB, 523 views)

Last edited by Yoozer; 21st February 2013 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: fixed links, first topic was useless
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

I'm looking for a specific DX7 Sysex file called "sound source unlimited super LA voices" if anyone has it I'd be very grateful
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

Does the hyperom work on a mk1? I'm getting tired of trying to find a mk2, they rarely come up - the mk1 is all over the place.
Old 21st February 2013
Gear Guru

HypraROM is of mk1-size - it won't fit in a mk2. I dumped the sounds using an mk1.
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

Ah ok, thanks!
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

@ grasspike b.t.w. I had to try that link.

Funny, if a little creepy.
Old 21st February 2013
Gear Maniac

There are 1000's of free patches available on the net. Most of them are just minor tweeks to presets, so it's a time consuming process to go through them all and find some real keepers. Best approach is to find some close to what you're looking for and then tweek them. A software editor really makes things easier for FM.
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnector View Post
There are 1000's of free patches available on the net. Most of them are just minor tweeks to presets, so it's a time consuming process to go through them all and find some real keepers. Best approach is to find some close to what you're looking for and then tweek them. A software editor really makes things easier for FM.
The Hypra that Yoozer posted is one the best cards for the DX7. There are no fillers, it's full of good-to-great patches.

The one I'm looking for is the famous Ian Curnow "bass" cartridge used in all those S.A.W. productions of the '80s - does anyone have that one?
Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

I have ton on floppy disks if you want them. Just cover the shipping and they are yours.
Old 21st February 2013
Gear Addict

Old 21st February 2013
Lives for gear

Old 22nd February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
Hey man, beautiful condition, but a bit too dear for me.
Fair enough I realised when buying secondhand synths you gets what you pay for!
I dont really want to sell it anyway..
Old 23rd February 2013
Lives for gear

I know what you mean, but it's just the extra petrol to get to Brum, etc, and i'd be looking at £400 for what is going for closer to £200. Let me know if you're gonna be near London or Cardiff any time soon!

</end thread hijack!>
Old 24th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
I know what you mean, but it's just the extra petrol to get to Brum, etc, and i'd be looking at £400 for what is going for closer to £200. Let me know if you're gonna be near London or Cardiff any time soon!

</end thread hijack!>
FYI I'm selling this beauty also as I have 2! Another bargain for £300 As you can see I'm a fan of FM!!!!!

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...ds-like-4.html
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search