Hello, on my Microkorg's pot knobs 1 and 2, the values sometimes change on their own after adjusting. The values tend to get lower as if turning counterclockwise. Any advice on maintenance or repair of this problem?? Thanks
I'm on my 2nd MicroKorg (traded the 1st one for a Snare Drum). Both of them had volume knob troubles(crackling and cutting out), and the one I have now has a problem with the 1st edit knob (the one with "cutoff" above it).
After you try Deox stuff, if you have decided to opt for surgery, just remember that you can totally fry this thing if you aren't careful. Never leave your soldering iron on the board for more than 2 seconds, and make sure you have a soldering pump and soldering braid to get the bum components out.
I've done several DIY synth projects in the last 6 months, but minutes ago I replaced my volume knob with these ones at parts is parts
So far so good!
More to your question. I'm about to try replacing the CUTOFF knob I'll post when I'm done to let you know how it went.
Okay, so I switched out the 10k pot for edit knob 1 and she works like a charm.
It wasn't too bad at all.
If anyone is looking to try this same thing, I would say try removing components from an old alarm clock that you don't care about first. Make sure you can remove through hole components without tearing up the board. Then as far as soldering skills, if you can build an atari punk console, you'll be alright doing this.