Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Messed Up Pot Knobs
Old 15th February 2013
Gear interested

Messed Up Pot Knobs

Hello, on my Microkorg's pot knobs 1 and 2, the values sometimes change on their own after adjusting. The values tend to get lower as if turning counterclockwise. Any advice on maintenance or repair of this problem?? Thanks
Old 8th February 2014
Gear interested

Ok, over 200 views but no responses. Maybe a better question would be..... Is it difficult to replace the pots?
Old 8th August 2014
Gear interested

Replacing Potentiometers on MicroKorg

Hey there,

I'm on my 2nd MicroKorg (traded the 1st one for a Snare Drum). Both of them had volume knob troubles(crackling and cutting out), and the one I have now has a problem with the 1st edit knob (the one with "cutoff" above it).

After you try Deox stuff, if you have decided to opt for surgery, just remember that you can totally fry this thing if you aren't careful. Never leave your soldering iron on the board for more than 2 seconds, and make sure you have a soldering pump and soldering braid to get the bum components out.

I've done several DIY synth projects in the last 6 months, but minutes ago I replaced my volume knob with these ones at parts is parts

So far so good!

More to your question. I'm about to try replacing the CUTOFF knob I'll post when I'm done to let you know how it went.

Wish me luck!
Old 8th August 2014
Gear interested

Edit knobs 1-5 are a different potentiometer than I thought

I guess I looked at the parts list wrong in the service manual. I ordered 2 volume pots. Some day I'll grow an attention span.

Anyways, I'll be ordering these guys(plus a few spares), again from parts is parts, since I couldn't find them elsewhere.

Still ahead of the $65 bench fee and 1/2 hour to 1 hour of labor for taking it to the shop.

Looking forward to having the old girl purring again. I toured about 180 days a year for 6 years with this little lady, so she deserves some love.

Will post when I do the deed.
Old 13th August 2014
Gear interested

Knob 1 / Cutoff knob replaced

Okay, so I switched out the 10k pot for edit knob 1 and she works like a charm.

It wasn't too bad at all.

If anyone is looking to try this same thing, I would say try removing components from an old alarm clock that you don't care about first. Make sure you can remove through hole components without tearing up the board. Then as far as soldering skills, if you can build an atari punk console, you'll be alright doing this.

Good luck
Old 14th August 2014
Gear interested

I have a similar problem - the first knob (cutoff) doesn't work.

When it's in play mode and I turn it it changes the cutoff just once (turns it down) and after that it doesn't work anymore.

In edit mode the setting on the display just blinks and doesn't change, as if I can't find the right setting.

The other knobs work fine.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Is it repairable (easily)? I hope it's not a software problem or something expensive like that...
Old 20th August 2014
Gear interested

Anyone? Without that knob I can't do anything, I can't turn the write protect off so I can't write new sounds, I can't do a factory reset...

Please help :?
Old 20th August 2014
Lives for gear

Originally Posted by Bojketa View Post
Anyone? Without that knob I can't do anything, I can't turn the write protect off so I can't write new sounds, I can't do a factory reset...

Please help :?
Get some contact cleaner and see the posts above.

KONTAKT 2010 only 3.92
Old 26th August 2014
Gear interested

Old 29th August 2014
Gear interested

Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search