Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
JazzMutant Lemur - Stuck multiball near the lateral boarders. Is this a true problem?
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

JazzMutant Lemur - Stuck multiball near the lateral boarders. Is this a true problem?

Hi all

I got a JazzMutant Lemur recently but have been noticing a small problem.

If I put a multiball object close to the boarder of the screen, I sometimes notice that when moving the ball, sometimes it gets stuck, which can destroy the playing when I'm using it to emulate a Kaossilator as I end up getting the note retriggered.
This happens in the middle of the lateral boarders (haven't noticed this behavior in other areas of the touchpad)

Is this a common problem from this kind of technology and I only have to avoid putting those objects in those boarders, or might my Lemur have some real problem?

Thanks in advance,
All the best

Old 4th February 2013
Gear Addict

I won't be able to help you with this, but I'm just interested as to why you didn't choose to go with the iPad and the app? I thought they were almost identical? Sorry for being off topic!
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

I also ask that myself :P

But some of the reasons why I decided to go for the hardware version include the design, which I think is great, the bigger screen (it could still be bigger, but it has a nicer size for these tasks than the iPad) and better stability for OSC (I don't have anything to run OSC now, but I intend to get a Kyma system in the future).

I want to use more than one controller with Lemur, so I thought it would be a good choice to get the hardware version, but I intend to get the app later on too.
And I also intend to sell some controllers I have that will go for more than what the Lemur cost me and that I wouldn't sell otherwise, which was also a really important reason.

But yep, you should be fine with an iPad, despite I haven't tried that app...

And back on topic, I have now a small video to illustrate what I meant.
Just take a look at the first seconds, when my finger goes up, as it's easily noticeable that the ball gets behind for a couple of times.
Sorry for the sound, as I did it with my iPad and was using the internal microphone...

Here goes the video:

It happens only in the lateral boarders and mainly in center of them...

Is this supposed to happen and I should just leave a small security margin from the boarder?
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search