The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bargain Brag... Slutty Craigslist Haul Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Bargain Brag... Slutty Craigslist Haul

Bought the following for $550.
  • Roland A-80 (No backlight and keys below C2 dead/fire at full velocity. I'm going to try to clean it and if that doesn't work I will have it serviced because it feels damn nice. Polyphonic aftertouch!!!)
  • JLCooper Electronics MSB 16/20 Midi Router/patchbay
  • Korg Wavestation A/D
  • Edirol UM-880 Midi interface
  • Soundcraftsmen 250W A2502 Power Amp
  • Roland Studio M
  • Korg KEC-42
  • Roland M-120
  • Proteus Orchestral
  • Peavey Ultraverb
  • Behringer Virtualizer Pro (will not stay on unless you hold down the power button)
  • Rane 6 Channel Headphone amp (Proprietary Power cord not included)
  • 2x 20 point 1/4" Patchbays
  • Gorilla TC-35 Amp (haha, Christmas present for acoustic guitar player friend of mine
  • M-Audio Keyrig 49 with busted USB port (cable Soldered into body of controller, works fine
  • Koolance 2x 140MM reservoir, fans, and enclosure (random computer water cooling item)

I love buying a ton of stuff at once. Dissapointing about the A-80, but it's worth getting repaired or trying to do it myself, it has a great hammer graded key bed and I'd like to learn to play the piano better. And did I mention polyphonic aftertouch?!
Attached Thumbnails
Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2565.jpg   Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2567.jpg   Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2574.jpg   Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2559.jpg   Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2537.jpg  

Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-dsc_2539.jpg  
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Oh and a yamaha RX 17 haha.
Attached Thumbnails
Bargain Brag...  Slutty Craigslist Haul-imageuploadedbygearslutz1355468265.566936.jpg  
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

You bugger!

I just got a Roland Jv880 for free off of Kijiji though! Still... Wavestation goodness.... Yum.

alexP
Old 14th December 2012
Nice score. I think I paid half that ... just for my um-880. :(
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Hate the player.

If you think that's bad, the guy bought all this stuff for $350 in a storage unit auction.

I still haven't checked all of the connections and tested everything, but it's promising that it all turns on.

Definitely excited to mess around with that Wavestation, but I imagine that it will inevitibly be sold since it's a digital rack-mount and there's a VST version of it.

I'm having trouble deciding whether to keep the Edirol or not. I just bought an Emagic AMT-8, but I haven't been able to edit the patches in Mountain Lion yet, so as of now it's just an 8-in 8-out midi interface with no routing or channelization. I want to try to set up the Edirol to do channel filtering in stand alone mode. But given the prices on ebay, I can't really imagine that I will keep it in the end.

Old 14th December 2012
Wow, did you just find that person randomly or do you do a lot of searches on craigslist?
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic View Post
Wow, did you just find that person randomly or do you do a lot of searches on craigslist?
I am in the market for an 88 note keyboard so I was looking at all the listings in the NYC and surrounding area for the past few months that had anything about keyboards in them. I do look about once a week.
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

nice haul!
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear
Nice score! The UM-880 and Wavestation would be almost $550 by themselves. I imagine you could sell most of that stuff for a total of around $550 and keep whatever you like for free.
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear
kec-42 is kinda fun
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegreengold View Post
kec-42 is kinda fun
I was wondering about this one. I had a 3630 that i sold that I should have kept. The Kec-42 has a side chain input so that could be a lot of fun to mess with.
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear
Excellent find! It's very strange that I landed my Wavestation a/d from a very similar deal. I hauled off an entire rack full of stuff (including a MW1) for $250. After recycling the items I didn't really want on ebay I actually made money on the deal.

Nothing like someone paying you to take a few grand worth of gear!
Old 15th December 2012
Lives for gear

If you sell it let me know. I have been looking for one for a while.

alexP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovestand View Post
Hate the player.

If you think that's bad, the guy bought all this stuff for $350 in a storage unit auction.

I still haven't checked all of the connections and tested everything, but it's promising that it all turns on.

Definitely excited to mess around with that Wavestation, but I imagine that it will inevitibly be sold since it's a digital rack-mount and there's a VST version of it.

I'm having trouble deciding whether to keep the Edirol or not. I just bought an Emagic AMT-8, but I haven't been able to edit the patches in Mountain Lion yet, so as of now it's just an 8-in 8-out midi interface with no routing or channelization. I want to try to set up the Edirol to do channel filtering in stand alone mode. But given the prices on ebay, I can't really imagine that I will keep it in the end.

Old 19th March 2013
Gear Maniac

Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

I managed to get 2 DBX 163X compressors for £50 (i.e. £25 each) about 6 months ago on ebay as a Buy It Now. That's probably my biggest bargain to date.

I did get an Akai S950 for £110 on Gumtree though. Got it home and it had maximum ram installed, which the seller didn't realise .
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

$2,000 on LA Craigslist yesterday.
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear
For that price I gotta ask, "Does it work?"
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooftree View Post
For that price I gotta ask, "Does it work?"
It's got a few problems but it should be up and running with a few hours of professional servicing (nothing serious, should cost under $200 to fix) and the physical condition is tip top!
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

A guy pulled it out of his uncle's basement knowing nothing about synths, but saw that they were expensive on eBay, so sold it cheap for a quick sale for someone willing to invest in a repair (though he didn't know what was causing the problem) and flip it for profit. I will not be selling this baby though!
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

PCM 80 for $50 and all that needed to be done was clean the pots to eliminate any noise. It also came with two program cards. That was last summer.

Also got a Juno 106 last summer that was beat up for $50. Traded it to Alan at SynthSpa for a complete workup of my mint 106. That worked out really well!
Old 23rd March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septik View Post

$2,000 on LA Craigslist yesterday.
What is this thing?
Old 23rd March 2013
Lives for acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler477 View Post
What is this thing?
Rhodes Chroma. Designed by Arp before they went under.
Old 24th March 2013
Lives for gear

@Septik: Glad you got that Chroma and not someone who will just flip it.

@Poonti: Did you see the CS-80 on Montreal's Craigslist?

This has been a crazyass week for expensive rare synths on the Toronto Craiglist -- Another CS-80, a CS-50, and a DX-1! All of the asking prices are insane too.

Me, I'm still beaming about the preoproduction/prototype ARP8 Mixer that I scored off semi-local CL for $150 two weeks ago:

Old 24th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot View Post

This has been a crazyass week for expensive rare synths on the Toronto Craiglist -- Another CS-80, a CS-50, and a DX-1! All of the asking prices are insane too.

Me, I'm still beaming about the preoproduction/prototype ARP8 Mixer that I scored off semi-local CL for $150 two weeks ago:

Thanks Rob Jealous of that score! Extremely sexy. I thought I was lucky with a $2,000 Chroma! I think you scored biggest in terms of price ratio
Old 24th March 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot View Post

How much were the CS-80 and DX-1?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search